Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-09, 09:15 AM   #1
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thumbs up Congrats to Florida on their win.

Two well-matched teams, one winner. No excuses.
Our fatal errors? 1st qtr, Duke "Bonehead" Robinson continues contact after the play is over, negating a Bradford to Johnson pass to the UF 10 yd line.
Two BAD play calls inside the UF 10. That was the difference.
Should have been up 28-7 in the third qtr but that's why we play the game.
Not having Demarco Murray at RB, Ryan Reynolds at LB, or DeMarcus Granger on the line harmed our chances but the subs played well.
I'm not upset. Rebbasser will attest that I take each game as it comes and am always eager for the next. Of course, the "consolation prize" provided by a nice lady took all the sting out in rapid fashion.
On the plus side, while not up to Sooner standards, we had a 12 win season...few can boast of that. The guys set some more new NCAA records. We garnered our 4th Heisman winner. We got a fat check for being there.
Graduation and the NFL will hurt us for next year but recruiting is going well. If you watched the UnderArmour All-American game you saw three young supermen who'll be in Crimson 'n Cream come September. If you watched the Army All-American game you saw another, a true beast, who'll be joining them.
If Sam goes pro, then I wish him the best, and he'll surely find great success in life, be it on the gridiron or otherwise.
Unlike some I don't root against any team based on a rivalry with them. I don't "HATE" YooTee, Florida, or any other team to which we may occasionally lose a game. No need for hate.

I wish Tim Tebow a long and happy life (after a swarm of africanized bees. led by a rabid pit bull work him over) and a long and successful coaching career for Urban Meyer (after he's kidnapped by syphilitic mixed-race transsexuals and kept as a love slave for a year.)
Further kudos to the Wronghorns and Whiney McBrown for being the only B12 South team to win a bowl game. Good job, Colt! You are a class act.
To the SEC fans I say "Well done! And watch out for Ole Miss in the future." If nothing else, they've got the hottest wimmin I've ever seen on a college campus, and I've visited several, from Stanford, UCLA, and Washington on the left coast to UNC, Citadel, Army and Navy on the east; From Northwestern, Kentucky, Vandy, and "Rocky Top" to the north and many in the south, though never a Florida campus.
Finally, you know your team is, as Ivan Maisel labeled the Sooners, "The Bluest of The Blue Blood" when your losses make bigger headlines than your victories.

Go Sooners! All the way in '09!

Lancer6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 01:46 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lancer6, I too was pulling for the Sooners but I thought they got beat by a better team.
Old 01-09-09, 01:50 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Boomer who??? just kidding lancer, great post and this was a great season of bowl games. a lot of fun games to watch this year and the national championship was no exception.
Old 01-09-09, 02:36 PM   #4
woody

It was an awesome game to watch, both teams played a great game.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 04:39 PM   #5
flfireman

Thank you. Do disagree with one statement. UF not only stopped them once but twice in the same series at the goalline. UF's D was definately on their game. Yes the senior linemen from both Offensive lines racked up some penalties. Heck Trautwein got 2-3 in the same series. Very good game, I don't think anybody expected that low of a score. Since both teams combined have 100 pts per game, 38 total point's was definately a statement of the quality of both teams playing.
Now about your well wishing. I don't think a rabid pit bull or bee's can touch superman. Plus he's so nice the bee's would probably make him honey and the pitbull would probably lick him. Come on, LOVE SLAVE....He's got more than enough love coming from the GATOR NATION. Again, great game. Both teams are class acts and I really don't want to hear all the whining that has already started by other teams saying they should be national champs also. Honestly, if anyone has a B@tch, Utah. But I don't believe they are a caliber enough team to beat the Sooners or Gators.
Old 01-09-09, 06:49 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
I really don't want to hear all the whining that has already started by other teams saying they should be national champs also. Honestly, if anyone has a B@tch, Utah. But I don't believe they are a caliber enough team to beat the Sooners or Gators.
i agree 100%. do i think there are other teams that could have competed for the championship if there was a playoff system? absolutley. do i think that my texas longhorns are one of those teams? sometimes they looked like it and other times the didn't, but according to the bcs system they didn't deserve it and that is all that matters. utah is another example. do they have a gripe? i think so, but i am tired of hearing about it........florida won and it is pathetic to try and take away from that. and i think this ap championship is a bunch of crap.
Old 01-09-09, 06:51 PM   #7
WTL

Utah has a gripe, but not a claim on the NC. They need to get into the PAC10 at any cost.
Old 01-09-09, 08:59 PM   #8
bamabassman

i agree with wtl on utah. they need to get in conference. they are a great team, maybe not up to the quality of the rest of us, but a great team nontheless. and yes i know they beat us like adrum. i said before, we outdone ourselves this year.
as for the game...i was a little dissapointed. imean we were supposed to see a lot of points scored. but the defenses took over the game. that was NICE to see for a change. i really don't like high scoring games unless BOTH teams score big.

great game indeed. now i can say it..YEA S E C!!! can't say we aren't the best conferenc for nuthin huh? how many sec teams have won the championship since the bcs started? more than any conference in the nation.

don't get me wrong gang. just proud of our teams in general.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.