Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-05-09, 11:04 AM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My church camping/fishing trip (pics)

Date: May 1 through May2
Place: Yellow Leaf Creek (side feeder creek/river to Lay Lake near AL Power Plant in Wilsonville, AL)

Well the weekend was a successful one since I caught 5 bass. The bass where just not biting as much. The area was hit very hard by a fishing tournament. A lot of people on those boats have no respect for those bank fishing. They would just speed on by. We were in an area where the width of the river was only about 150 feet across. Luckily no one in our group tried to hit them with a cast as they went speeding by. They also didn't slow down when they saw me in my little pontoon. But I wouldn't let some ignorant rednecks ruin my day. I still had a blast even though my 5 fish all together didn't weigh 5 lbs. The big bass of the weekend was only 2 lbs. The first 2 bass were caught in a small cove that was covered in lily pads with a june bug 6" lizard with chartruese tail. The next three were caught along the river channel near the edge of a big lily pad growth with a 6" cotton candy worm with chartruese tail. Even though the fish were small, it is still very exciting hooking into a fish in my little boat. I'll have to wait to post a pic of me out on the river in my boat. Those pics were taken by my fellow brothers. By the way, the 30 lb thrust Minn Kota trolling motor set on 5 speed really gets that little boat of mine moving.

Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-09, 03:47 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nice! sounds fun! dinks are dinks, but they're still bass!

To bad about the fishing pressure!
Old 05-05-09, 04:18 PM   #3
Jim80

Glad ya liked the tm man and a bass is a bass dink or not .

Jim
Old 05-05-09, 05:47 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hey man, great catches. that is the size i have been getting here too. think the bigguns are still hanging on their beds? maybe they are. glad you had a good time though.

and i bet the troller had you looking like a speed demon too,lol. i know it would probably scare me to go that fast in a little pontoon rig like yours. and don't worry bout the fools out there.
Old 05-12-09, 10:20 AM   #5
Fishnngolfn

Here is me in my boat.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 10:44 AM   #6
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hey dinks are still bass, My philosophy is that if the bass is big enough to get the hook in its mouth then they are big enough to count!!!!
Old 05-12-09, 03:45 PM   #7
stevomac59
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My first bass ever caught was like 6in long! And boy was I proud of it! I would've mounted it if it were'nt for size limits :P ! Good job!
Old 05-12-09, 04:35 PM   #8
B-I-G
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My dad and I wish we had one of those boats.... but times are hard and we just fish from shore...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.