Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 03-01-13, 05:45 PM   #1
MrMakk
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default 'orrible & fustrating session but nice company

Had a session with a friend & fellow lure enthusiast

we started a little earlier than expected, but whilst on route to the reservoir we decided to pop in a tackle store. We browsed for a short while before leaving with a couple of lures each, one of which is an ondex no.5 with an unusual pattern.

By around 09:15 we were fishing, I used the recently purchased spinner as my first before changing to a 2'' fishunter shad. The water was choppy with a nip of cold added,

Ian was showing me a spinnerbait that he brough from Jennifields, and admittidly they look 'the dogs b*llocks' shame they don't do paypal or online order as I am not fimilair with postal orders and I'm unsure if my bank does cheques.

By around 10 o'clock & it was beginning to feel like time had ran to late afternoon, we made it round one side of the water but decided to go no further as the wind and chill would make it feel unplesant and make the fishing difficult. So at dinner I decided to swap gear and go for my 10g-30g rod and larger lures. For the next couple of hours I was beginning to get fed up as i had not had any sign of life, not a follow, not a take, not a sniff, also contributing to that was the comings of a severe headache that I still have simmering in my skull now. Within the next hour I just totally lost all my enthusiasm along with one of Mark's fat belly shad, by around 1:00 I spoke to Ian who could tell i had a bad headace & that I wasn't enjoying the session as much as I should. So we called it a day, but before setting off we made a few enquiries with the bailiff regarding membership of the water in the clubs control.

so thats a dozen sessions and still a blank since the new year,

I feel a prune for not sticking the day & making Ian wrap up early, but I really enjoyed the company, once home I had a nice little packet waiting for me. A few goodies that I'll be using come Sunday, hopefully a better head will be on my shoulders as we are going to my regular haunt 'the cut'.

Also in the blog http://www.alexmakkfishing.com/
Old 03-01-13, 05:54 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

good read therealex sorry fishing was slow but you can't win them all. notice your spinner baits were strike king and were in grams. so i guess you did not have to order them from u.s.
Old 03-01-13, 06:05 PM   #3
MrMakk

No, with the USPS postal cost gone up to international orders, its become a lot more expensive to order from the US but thankfully there is a online mail order store in the UK that stocks a load of lures from the US market (if it makes sense?)
Old 03-01-13, 08:00 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's always good to hear from you Makk! I very much enjoy your posts. I know you can catch them, and you've had picture to prove it, so hang in there buddy! Your going to be posting stories about good catches soon, I am sure of that. At least your able to get out and do some fishing. All the water around here is still frozen over. It will be open soon though. You should soon be catching Jacks/Pike soon on those spinnerbaits! Keep us updated and be sure to post some pics of your first catch of the year!
Old 03-01-13, 11:18 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

MAKK!!! great story pal!! don't give up bud....spring is jsut around the corner and i KNOW ya'll will be catching some good ones.
Old 03-03-13, 08:30 PM   #6
MrMakk

this time of year Mr & Mrs pike tend to be a little 'occupied' That is the biggest factor IMO, i am doing everything right with presentation etc even with the cating in the right spots where thefish are likly to be holding.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.