Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-06, 09:40 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default It's Official

Well I went today and got my FLORIDA Drivers License So It's official now, I'm a transplanted Hoosier, who now is a Floridian. Shoulda moved here 20 years ago LOL. I did feel like I was going through a FBI, CIA, and terrorist check though. And the license plate stuff is almost ridiculous. However I'm told it's a lot easier once you get your Drivers License, and have plates.(yeah right) Funny thing was I called before I went, and asked exactly what it was that I needed to have with me. To get my vehicle License Plates, Drivers license, trailer plates, and boat registration. They said you're current drivers license, a certified copy of your birth cetificate, and your social security card. They said they would check the vehicle Identification number and the mileage on my Trailblazer. I asked if there was anything for the trailer, and did I need to bring it, and was told no. So I get there, and find out I have to have the trailer weighed I said with the boat, and they said no, just the trailer, and I have to take it somewhere for them to put it on a scale Now I gotta get the boat off the trailer(not simple mind you). And they had to have the address for the lien holder who holds my title for my Trailblazer I had my billing address, but not where they hold the title I of course took my folder for my boat and trailer, and couldn't find the title for the boat(had the trailer title) Might be in my other boat folder, gonna have to check. But honestly I don't know if I had ever had gotten one for the boat, I don't know for sure that I have to have one. Anyways I gotta make another trip now after they get my title in to get my permanent plates, and I gotta go weigh my trailer, and I gotta find the title, or get a letter from Indiana saying I didn't need one. Guess I shouldn't have wasted my time calling huh Well at least I'm in bass fishing heaven now, and even registered to vote LOL

Lizards
Old 03-10-06, 09:49 PM   #2
zooker

don't worry lizzy your still a flat lander who can't say the word crappie with out making it sound like crOppie.. lol

now weins done got to get ya a big ole bowl of grits

zooker
Old 03-10-06, 09:54 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
don't worry lizzy your still a flat lander who can't say the word crappie with out making it sound like crOppie.. lol

now weins done got to get ya a big ole bowl of grits

zooker
Grits are only good for the toilet LOL. Never could stand them, and if I want wallpaper glue, then I'll buy some

Lizards
Old 03-11-06, 08:53 AM   #4
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

While bass fishing off the Florida coast, Mr Lizards capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft. He spotting and old man fishing on the shore, Lizards shouted,"Are there any gators around here?!" "Naw," the old man hollered back, "they ain't been around here for years!" Feeling safe, Mr Lizards started swimming leisurely toward the shore. About halfway there MR Lizard asked the old Man,"How'd you get rid of the gators?" "We didn't do nothin'," the old man said. "The sharks got 'em.".... Sure hope he made it back to shore ok...Polly
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-06, 09:55 AM   #5
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you want ta sound like a florida boy, crappie are "specks" So here in florida you at?
Old 03-11-06, 03:10 PM   #6
Sluggo Man
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Try not to melt!
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-06, 04:42 PM   #7
bassinbob

Lizzy, contact the trailer manufacturer for the weight. They might be able to help you.

Bob
Old 03-11-06, 11:53 PM   #8
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob
Lizzy, contact the trailer manufacturer for the weight. They might be able to help you.

Bob
They don't exist anymore LOL. It was a local shop, where the guy I bought the boat had it made. It probably weighs all of 150-200 pounds I can pick it up But even if I could get it, they would then say well we still want you to go weigh it, we're not sure that's correct, just another scam for somebody Actually I had to cut off 9" of the main beam, and added a spare tire and holder. Along with boat guides, and led lights must be LIGHTER, than the originals. Also added some bracing(so I wouldn't have to cut off another 9"), and brackets. So the weight they give me would be incorrect but who the heck cares, just another 40 miles of driving, after I get the boat off the trailer(that's real fun, anyone wanna come over and help lift all my tackle , and just another $5 to have it weighed

Lizards
Old 03-12-06, 08:12 AM   #9
pig n jig

Lizzy, A cavity check just to get a Florida plates and license ? I would have went to a different DMV. Maybe if the woman who would be giving the cavity check was a knockout, I might hesitate a second or two, but the answer still would be no. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 08:23 AM   #10
JB

pnj,
take another look....that 'twernt no woman~
Attachment 201

Last edited by JB; 03-12-06 at 08:49 PM.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 10:11 AM   #11
HulaPopr

A few other terms you might wanna pick up if you haven't yet:
bluegill = brim
redbreast sunfish = redbelly/longear
spotted sunfish = stumpknocker
redear sunfish = shellcracker
pop = soda...its just a midwest thing...lol
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-06, 01:27 PM   #12
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
They don't exist anymore LOL. It was a local shop, where the guy I bought the boat had it made. It probably weighs all of 150-200 pounds I can pick it up But even if I could get it, they would then say well we still want you to go weigh it, we're not sure that's correct, just another scam for somebody Actually I had to cut off 9" of the main beam, and added a spare tire and holder. Along with boat guides, and led lights must be LIGHTER, than the originals. Also added some bracing(so I wouldn't have to cut off another 9"), and brackets. So the weight they give me would be incorrect but who the heck cares, just another 40 miles of driving, after I get the boat off the trailer(that's real fun, anyone wanna come over and help lift all my tackle , and just another $5 to have it weighed

Lizards
give me a call if you need a hand taking the boat off the trailer. I could almost walk there.
Old 03-12-06, 10:53 PM   #13
lizardsrule

Thanks Rob, but my dad and little brother can help me, I actually do unload all my tackle first LOL.

Hula,
I already know all I need to know when it comes to fish names, HAWG = Big Bass.

Lizards
Old 03-13-06, 12:45 AM   #14
pig n jig

Not to be confused with Hog = one nighter. Sorry I couldn't help myself. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-06, 07:29 AM   #15
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Not to be confused with Hog = one nighter. Sorry I couldn't help myself. P N J
ROTFLMAO

Lizards
Old 03-13-06, 09:57 PM   #16
JB

pnj,
ya aint seen nuttin yet! ya oughta see the "corn fed" gals here at the dirty2::30 club.... these country gals are hefty, till they slim down to hunt for a new sugah daddy
Old 03-14-06, 06:57 PM   #17
zooker

whoa floor benders huh? jb maybe you should come down here in may we shall go fishing and scope out the local scenery. some of it will just make you WANT to fish that dock fer and hour or two..

zooker
Old 03-14-06, 07:25 PM   #18
JB

sounds good to me, I'll bring the sun tan lotion in case any of the hunnies need a smidge

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.