Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-11, 04:25 PM   #1
DougV
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Electonics Rigging on my New Boat

Many ask about ideas to Rig Electronics and Accessories. I've been getting the new Skeeter FX20 Rigged.

JackPlate mounted Side Imaging Transducer with Transducer SHield and Saver

GPS Receiver mounted close to the Transducer to reduce adding any extra offset to waypoints.

1198c at the Console with Transducer Shield Mounting Base Plate and RAM D-111-U-C

MinnKota Fortrex 101 and Humminbird 998c with Trolling Motor Mounted Side Imaging Transducer with the Transducer Shield and Saver. GPS Mounted close to reduce offset on bow mounted graph waypoints.

MinnKota MK460 Digital 4 Bank Charger, 15 AMps per Bank with 3 Stage Temperature Compensated Charging.

DougV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 05:53 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thanks for the pictures, I'm getting ready to mount a couple H'birds of my own and I like the mounting bracket on the jackplate, be getting one of them ordered.

Your jackplate mount looks like 3 pieces - I didn't see the middle (spacer) piece listed on the website. While it's EXPENSIVE, it looks like a secure way to mount, but I'm curious as to how many actual pieces are used in your installation.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 03-03-11 at 06:41 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 08:58 PM   #3
DougV

The Transducer Shield I'm using on the Skeeter FX to get below the sponsons is the L BRacket, Spacer and Shield. Many applications only require L BRacket and the Shield because it does not interfer with any boat obstructions.
Old 03-04-11, 10:22 AM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Those Transducer Shield products are very nice. I broke the transducer mount on my TM and bought one of those and was able to use the old transducer and now I can plow right into trees without worrying. I'll be adding the one for the SI transducer in the back when I figure out how I want to mount it on the jackplate.

How far above the pad is the transducer and how fast can you go before it loses bottom?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-11, 11:49 AM   #5
DougV

I have the XP 9 20 (2D Transducer) Epoxied in hull for 2D readings at all speeds and use the AS SI DB Y Cable to split of the 2D readings from the HDSI Transducer. The Side Imaging and Down Imaging will only work at off plane speeds.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.