Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-11, 09:42 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Grand Lake get together. It's getting close.

Fellas it won't be long before we all are making our final plans for the trip. I just wanted to touch base again and maybe discuss a few more details. What does everyone want to do for food? I thought we could be on our own for breakfast and lunch and then maybe have dinner together each night. If that is what everyone wants to do then we can work on a menu and who is gonna bring what. There is lots of places to eat in Grove as well as grocery stores to pick up what we need. Lets hear some ideas. Also for the fishing permits, you can buy them online if you want or there is a gas station a few miles away from Lees Resort that sells them. We buy ours online every year because it's easier but that part is up to you (I believe they offer a 6 day trip permit that would probably be the cheapest way to go).
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 01:37 AM   #2
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I hope they have a grill we can use there, if not I will bring one. I planned on doing dinner at least a couple nights if you guys are OK with that. I have planned on Marinated grilled chicken breasts, baked beans and veggies one night. Grilled tilapia fillets, or Crappie if i score a bunch soon, baked tators, dinner rolls another night, maybe some pork chops one night? I'm trying to eat a little more healthy as i have been trying to shed a few lb's I figure everyone will bring whatever they want for breakfast or find a cafe. probably sandwiches for lunch.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 01:53 AM   #3
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro reel View Post
I hope they have a grill we can use there, if not I will bring one. I planned on doing dinner at least a couple nights if you guys are OK with that. I have planned on Marinated grilled chicken breasts, baked beans and veggies one night. Grilled tilapia fillets, or Crappie if i score a bunch soon, baked tators, dinner rolls another night, maybe some pork chops one night? I'm trying to eat a little more healthy as i have been trying to shed a few lb's I figure everyone will bring whatever they want for breakfast or find a cafe. probably sandwiches for lunch.
That sounds good to me Kevin. Once we get things set in concrete we will get a list of who can bring what and we can all pitch in for the dinners. I can't imagine that they won't have a grill but we will need to check before hand to make sure.
Old 03-22-11, 02:46 PM   #4
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I am up for whatever as far as eating goes. It sounds like we are in good hands with Chef Kevin. I say we figure out what we want to eat when we get there and make a trip to the grocery store there instead of trying to pack more stuff to bring. What ever everybody wants to do is fine with me though.
Old 03-22-11, 04:12 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sounds like a winner to me. A Diet Coke or Mnt Dew tends to be my breakfest, and I don't need to eat lunch as long as the fish are biting or until I get a headache. And I just pulled this up about a license . I get back in from Singapore the 22nd, and I am looking forward to making the trip.
Old 03-22-11, 05:08 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I am up for whatever as far as eating goes. It sounds like we are in good hands with Chef Kevin. I say we figure out what we want to eat when we get there and make a trip to the grocery store there instead of trying to pack more stuff to bring. What ever everybody wants to do is fine with me though.
This is what I was thinking too. It would be much easier to just get together and head to the store Thursday evening than it would be to try and figure who is going to bring what and then everyone needs to pack more, plus have to worry about keeping ice on food that needs to stay cold.
Old 03-22-11, 05:32 PM   #7
WaffleJaw

Im gonna be cutting it down to the wire if I can make it or not=(...Financial ninjas keep attacking my bank account.
Im still gonna take the days off...Ill just have to see how April rolls out.
Old 04-15-11, 10:42 AM   #8
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I was looking at the website for Lees resort. They have a gas grill at each cabin. Looks like we are fine for grilling chicken, chops, burgers, etc. I do most of my shopping at Sams and buy in bulk. I will bring the fixins for a few dinners. You all can run to the store for some stuff, there is a wallmart close by. We will need plastic ware, plates forks spoons knives paper towels or napkins. If someone already has a supply of that stuff or just wants to pick some up in the next 2 weeks while they are at the store. You might get that stuff cheaper at a dollar store. The cabin has a full size fridge, coffee pot microwave and cooking utensils, so we are probably good there. Do we have a final head count of who will be there or do we still have a couple that are n ot sure?
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 11:12 AM   #9
carolina-rig-01

To the best of my knowledge You, Tavery, Curado, Jrob, Britney, and I are in for sure. And Wafflejaw is still uncertain. Also 66Kingfisher said that he and he partner may be able to make it up for a day or two but I haven't head anything for sure so I assume they are still unsure as well. If I am forgetting someone I am sorry and please speak up.
Old 04-16-11, 08:21 PM   #10
66KingFisher

As it stands now, I'm still in the "unsure" dept, after talking with my fishing buddy tonight. He's had a change in management at his workplace, and they have put a bunch of extra duties on him recently, so he sounded like he might not be able to go, and since he was my ride, that may take me out of the picture also.

I don't remember the exact dates you guys had planned, but I also was informed by the little woman, that we would be attending her family reunion at the end of this month so I don't know if that would clash with the dates planned or not even if I could catch another ride so I dunno at this point.....anything can still happen.
Old 04-16-11, 10:00 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
As it stands now, I'm still in the "unsure" dept, after talking with my fishing buddy tonight. He's had a change in management at his workplace, and they have put a bunch of extra duties on him recently, so he sounded like he might not be able to go, and since he was my ride, that may take me out of the picture also.

I don't remember the exact dates you guys had planned, but I also was informed by the little woman, that we would be attending her family reunion at the end of this month so I don't know if that would clash with the dates planned or not even if I could catch another ride so I dunno at this point.....anything can still happen.
Michael I hope you can make it, but if not then I certainly understand. Most guys are showing up on the 28th which is Thursday and leaving on Sunday.
Old 04-16-11, 11:12 PM   #12
Bubba_Bruiser

I am going to be a day late, but I will be there. If yall make a trip to Walmart, just tell me my cut and I will pay if I miss the shopping festivities, but I am good for it. If you trust me hahahaha!
Old 04-16-11, 11:26 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
I am going to be a day late, but I will be there. If yall make a trip to Walmart, just tell me my cut and I will pay if I miss the shopping festivities, but I am good for it. If you trust me hahahaha!
That's no problem. We will all split the bill for the paper plates, napkins, plastic silverware, and dixie cups. Your part is the food.
Old 04-16-11, 11:58 PM   #14
Bubba_Bruiser

Geez, you wouldn't break it off in a brother would you?!?
Old 04-17-11, 12:15 AM   #15
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Michael I hope you can make it, but if not then I certainly understand. Most guys are showing up on the 28th which is Thursday and leaving on Sunday.
Well as bad as I hate to say this, that pretty much puts the nail in my coffin....the wifes family reunion is that same weekend......

Sooooooo.....You guys have a good time, and catch one for me....I'm sorry I won't be able to make it....I was looking forward to meeting a few of you in person, but for now that'll have to wait.....I'll be thinkin of ya'll that weekend and we'll try again next year.
Old 04-17-11, 10:59 AM   #16
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
Well as bad as I hate to say this, that pretty much puts the nail in my coffin....the wifes family reunion is that same weekend......

Sooooooo.....You guys have a good time, and catch one for me....I'm sorry I won't be able to make it....I was looking forward to meeting a few of you in person, but for now that'll have to wait.....I'll be thinkin of ya'll that weekend and we'll try again next year.
Sorry you won't be able to make it Michael, but I understand. Maybe we can hook up some other time.
Old 04-18-11, 12:15 AM   #17
66KingFisher

Sounds good Kory....I'm thinkin you might need to fish lake Ouachita in the near future....lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.