Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-13, 07:36 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Next week is a quandry.

I'm on vacation next week and plan to get out at least twice for some serious bass fishing. I'll be staying home and fishing the lakes in my town. Small natural lakes of 70 acres and 90 acres. Good fishing can be had at both, but the weather this week/spring have me in a quandary on what to expect. Temps for the most part have been cold with an occasional day around 70 degrees such as today. The next few days are going to top out in the mid to upper 40's again. Over all, it's been much colder than warmer by far. Add to that, we have had TONS of rain. Over 6 inches in the past week with heavier rain expected overnight. Perhaps two more inches by morning. Then a COLD weekend, back into the 40's again. I know how and where the bass "should" be this time of year, but this weather may have really screwed things up. My plan for now it to attack shallow cover where I expect the bass to be holding tight to cover. But with water temps still being on the cold side, may they have backed out into deeper haunts? I expect to have fairly muddy water, but until I am out there, I just won't know. I'll still be working a jig heavily, but not sure about a suspending jerk bait. I DO think a large spinnerbait might be a good option if the water is off colored. And of course, a lipless crank. I also feel a 2.5 squarebill rattling crankbait might pick up a few. My biggest question is, how deep will they be? I'm guessing they will either be very shallow hugging cover, or hanging off the first break into deeper water.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.