Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-11, 06:12 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Dangit Anyhow

I got off work today and decided to run out to the lake when I got home and throw a 5 inch soft bodied swimbait around and see if I can't hook into a hawg. It had been raining the past 2 hours, but the rain had stopped, the wind had died down to calm, and it was warmer than expected. I HAVE to go out I thought. Rushed home, got the rod out and started to tie on the hook when I stopped and thought a moment, opened my wallet and put the rod away, frustrated. My fishing license expired yesterday. What a bummer! By the time I go buy a license and get back it's going to be later than I want to start fishing. Shoulda purchased one last weekend!!!
Old 04-01-11, 06:21 PM   #2
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Can't you just buy it online and print/use it immediately after that? Or does it not work that way???
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 06:27 PM   #3
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
Can't you just buy it online and print/use it immediately after that? Or does it not work that way???
It does work that way here WB, but my printer is on the fritz right now. grrrrrrrrrrr Otherwise I would. Good thought though bud!
Old 04-01-11, 06:33 PM   #4
WatterBoy

OK, that makes sense. I wasn't sure if that was an option or not because I have never tried it, plus I wasn't sure if it worked in every state or not.

Sorry you weren't able to get out fishing!

The last day I caught a fish was 10/02/2010 and the last time I fished was 10/16/2010. I probably won't be able to get out until the weekend of May 21-22 when I head to IA to fish with my Dad, then the season opens here the weekend after that. It's been too long in between outings. . .
Old 04-01-11, 07:02 PM   #5
HarveysMinnow
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You certainly became a victim of circumstances, Keith. I'm getting antsy about trying some new lures also, but I don't enjoy standing out in a cold wind, so I'm just waiting. As a matter of curiousity, does Indiana offer a "Lifetime License" for people at a certain age? Here in NC, anyone 65 or older can get one for life. All we have to do then is remember to carry the card with us when we fish.

Old 04-01-11, 07:07 PM   #6
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveysMinnow View Post
You certainly became a victim of circumstances, Keith. I'm getting antsy about trying some new lures also, but I don't enjoy standing out in a cold wind, so I'm just waiting. As a matter of curiousity, does Indiana offer a "Lifetime License" for people at a certain age? Here in NC, anyone 65 or older can get one for life. All we have to do then is remember to carry the card with us when we fish.

I'm not sure Harvey. I should look into that. I know they have a life time conceal carry license I can get. But I think it's against the law to shoot fish with a gun, haha.
Old 04-01-11, 07:20 PM   #7
WatterBoy

For whatever it's worth, I found the info below from this site:

Indiana Resident
A resident is a person whose true fixed and permanent home and principal residence has been in Indiana for 60 consecutive days prior to purchasing a license or permit and who does not claim residency for hunting, trapping or fishing in another state or country, other than the U.S. All others are non-residents.

Senior Fishing Licenses
Residents born before April 1, 1943, do NOT need to purchase a fishing license; however, there is a Senior Voluntary Fishing License that can be purchased if desired. Residents who are at least 64 years old AND born after March 31, 1943, need to purchase either a Senior Annual Fishing or a Senior Fish-for-Life.
Old 04-01-11, 10:09 PM   #8
bamabassman

<<gonna rub it in on ol keith. YOU SEEN THE PIC I SENT YA RIGHT? BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

sorry bub, jsut had to.
Old 04-01-11, 10:26 PM   #9
keithdog

That pic of the truck hooked up to your boat looked very inviting!!! lol
Old 04-02-11, 07:11 AM   #10
rrw4258

Don't worry Keith, i did the same thing on March 1st.... our licences expire that last day of Feburary. Except I made it all the way out to the lake before I noticed it... had to pack it up and go back into town to buy a license!

Ryan
Old 04-02-11, 09:39 AM   #11
nova385
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks for the reminder- ours exp March 31. I will get a new one today. The Ice should make a move this week, but bass seson is CLOSED until last sat. in april
nova385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 08:51 PM   #12
bcklash

I always buy online and print out three, 1 on Adams boat, 1 on my boat and 1 I keep 1 with me.---I know overkill.
Old 04-03-11, 10:38 AM   #13
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I always buy online and print out three, 1 on Adams boat, 1 on my boat and 1 I keep 1 with me.---I know overkill.
Mulitple copies is a good idea. I have one in my wallet, in both tackle bags and in my truck. Just in case. Do the same with my boat registration. I must be paranoid, lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.