Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-10, 09:14 AM   #1
gonefishin3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default state tourny

Well just got back from fishing the junior B.A.S.S state tournament....

First day i went out prefishing and i went to the north of our lake to see if i can pattern out some bigger fish well i caught 2 2lbers and didnt hook set anymore the rest of that day... i Had been fishing the lake the past 5 weekends in a row. So anyway i go on to fish the next day on the tournament and my first spot is taken... dangit so i resume to my next spot and we get down there and theres someone else following me... Bad luck following me i guess. Well i pop the trolling motor and turn on my sonar and im going around and i find my fish on the rocks points and drop offs what i didnt relize at the time was the fish were right on the rocks seeing that its fall and there chaseing shad it shuld of been obious. well i catch four keepers and im not doing to well probably 4.5 lbs total yuch well one of the fish was barely just touching the line so i decided to throw it back (not wanting to take a one lb penalty plus the fish) so i ended up that day with about 3.6 lbs or so. well the leader came in with 10 lbs and second was around 5. wow what a day so just with my luck i figure out my patern at 10:30 that night jumping in excitement for the next day... Well patern changed fml... so i located some submerged islands and drug a split shot rig across them and caught another 3 keepers i ended up in 4th place bieing just shy of 7 lbs. well winner ended up with 13 lbs and i was 3 oz away from 3rd place and beat 4th by about 4 oz....

All in all good weekend on the lake learned a little and had fun i suppose thats the important thing.
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 05:22 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

you said in your last sentence buddy......you LEARNED somehting and had FUN! better luc next time pal.
Old 09-24-10, 08:00 AM   #3
BassFeverJohn
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

If second was 5 pounds, and you came up 3.6, I think you did fairly well. At any rate there is always next time!
Old 09-24-10, 10:36 PM   #4
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I think you did good!
Old 09-27-10, 09:10 AM   #5
gonefishin3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFeverJohn View Post
If second was 5 pounds, and you came up 3.6, I think you did fairly well. At any rate there is always next time!

the first day he came with around 9 the second

thanks guys !
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 03:30 PM   #6
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

GF - I've been involved in a couple state tournaments (boat captain and team sponsor) and they're a lot of fun. Of course catching fish and getting to weigh in helps too. Use what you learned and be ready to do it again next year (if you're not too old!). We've got a qualifier coming up for next years state tournament in a couple weeks and my teams getting excited about fishing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.