Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-13, 10:15 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
I would probably say Ford is the best-engineered vehicle.
You're nutz, Volvo is the best engineered vehicle.

Quote:
I am at least a little fanboy'ed on St. Croix.
I don't buy that either. By the author's definition of fanboy you would be defending your preference for St Croix in order to protect your sense of self, in justification of your purchase. I don't think that is the case, but rather your preference is based on your experience with use of the product, ie (the author's myth) you made a rational choice in a previous purchase and returned to the product based on that experience - that does not make you a fanboy. I'm sure if someone asked your opinion of various rods, St Croix would probably get mentioned - but that doesn't make you a fanboy. Now, if you look down your nose at those that don't use St Croix - you might be a fanboy.

Just to cover my butt I will stipulate (legal jargon) that fanboys (and fangirls) do exist. But I also find them extremely easy to identify and disregard most everything they say because they are not objective. The worst - and you are free to disagree - are those hawking SPONSORS products. Most of them, while speaking some truth, are less enamored with the product than in the Sponsor's money. But fanpersons are out there haunting internet forums spouting a lot of useless hype, thankfully not many show up here.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 06-24-13 at 10:42 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-13, 05:28 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
You're nutz, Volvo is the best engineered vehicle.
I build Volvos for a living.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.