Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-11, 02:24 AM   #1
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Moving Sucks and Some people don't know when to keep to themselves

Looks like I will not be getting the chance to move home to Brooklyn anytime soon, 61 resumes and really nothing I am interested or secure nough with to have me move
I took an oppurtunjity to cut 280 a month off my expenses by giving up my apartment and the storage space/garage and moving to a smaller apartment with out the garage, on the same property
I have discovered I own too much crap for one old guy, I am far from appearing on hoarding but I have way to much crap.
So I have sold some fishing gear and given some away.I had to take a complete van load of stuff like unused, sheets, dish sets, some small furniture and lamps to the Salvation Army today and I am putting stuff outside to take for free. I get a knock on my door, from the local police because a neighbor complained I left litter out side
It was a futon in a box, two chairs a lamp and an end table with a big sign take for free, and now I have to bring it inside b/c it is LITTER. You can t do something nice without some jerk runing it for the folks who need it. Rant over!!!!
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 07:44 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like one of those neighbors that have to be the neighborhood watchdog who complains about anything they find annoying. And they find everything annoying. I really have no patience for people like that.
Old 08-11-11, 10:06 AM   #3
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Not sure if this helps. You might call a local church and explain what you have to give away. Unlike the Salvation Army which re-sells things the church would give them direct to someone in need. As far as nosy neighbors, we all have them.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 10:45 AM   #4
Ebbetsguy

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of a church, but the spring flooding here that , left the Sally in need of funds, so they discount it enough and it will help Sally raise the needed funds. I was also going to try a free give away yard sale, but because i procrastinated that fell through
Old 08-11-11, 06:40 PM   #5
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

man don't you just hate people that have nothing better to do than stick their nose where it does not belong. goodwill is also a good plsce to donate i know they sell most of it but they also employee the handicap and giving them a job the money goes to a good cause
Old 08-11-11, 07:26 PM   #6
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Get a yard sale permit, they are usually less than 10 dollars and you could get your money back on the stuff if you need to.
Old 08-11-11, 09:09 PM   #7
bamabassman

dang ebbits, i hate crap like that man. i mean, here oyu are TRYING to do something NICE. and somebody doesn't "like" it because "they" think it is litter. sorry pal. i was on "litter" patrol where i work, there was this lady who sat out a BUNCH of stuff to be thrown away. well our truck was loaded to the gills and we were about to get off work. we were jsut looking to see what else was out there. this lady stops us, we tell her we are about to get off and we would pick it up the next day. she huffs and puffs and storms off. said she is worried aobut what the neighbors would say. when she was really mad cause we weren't gonna get it right then. she then procedes to call the office complaining that we jsut drove by without picking it up. our foreman calls us to stop. he comes and sees the truck is loaded down and tells us what she did. no we didn't go pic it up either. we go by the next morning to get it. she pulls in her driveway, gets out and says "thank you SOOOOO much, i was jsut worried aobut my neighbors getting mad at me" we told her we knew what she did. she shuts up and hurriedly goes into her house. my partner and i are laughing our arses off.
Old 08-12-11, 11:38 AM   #8
Old Hooker

Some people have nothing better to do with their time than to be a full blown pain in somebody elses butt. But, as the old saying goes, "What goes around comes around". Your day will come to get back at them.
Old 08-12-11, 04:56 PM   #9
Ebbetsguy

I really don't have a desire or care to get revenge for such BS. I just wanted to help out some needy folks in my community.
21 years ago I was homeless, the Sally, Good will and some plain ordinary folks took time to help me, I just want to pass it forward
Old 08-12-11, 09:09 PM   #10
bamabassman

GOD BLESS YOU EBBETS. you will be rewarded my friend. i promise oyu that. i know, oyu already have, but you know what i mean.
Old 08-15-11, 09:32 PM   #11
Bill M

Gotta hate people who waste time like that,you are doing a good thing and some a-hole gotta be a jerk.I dont get some people.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.