Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-10, 12:55 AM   #1
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Pro Mariner charger

I recently bought a Pro Mariner Pro Sport 20 Plus battery charger from Cabelas. This is a 20 amp, 3 bank charger. I have it hooked up to my 2 trolling motor batteries and the cranking battery according to the manual that came with it. The batteries have been fully charged and all the indicator lights come on telling me that's the case....but after a while I noticed the charger started making a continuous buzzing sound. Not exactly sure what's going on and can't find any info on it on Pro Mariner's web site. Anybody got any ideas?
Old 02-15-10, 09:34 AM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Is it a buzz, or more like a hum?

If it's a hum, it's just the transformer in it. Sometimes they do that.

If it's a buzz, it could still be the transformer causing it, but the sound is probably coming from a loose piece of plastic somewhere inside.
Old 02-15-10, 01:19 PM   #3
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I guess it is more of a humming sound, but it is really high pitched and continuous.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.