Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-11, 09:41 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default It's finally here....

Well, it's been 3 long years, but the system replacement project I've been a part of at work is finally ready to implement in our production environment. Some time shortly after midnight tonight (yep, on April Fool's Day!), we'll start converting data from our current system into the new one. Multiple jobs will be running nearly 24 hours a day for the next several days, and we hope to have the system ready for use by our processors within about 7-8 days. The next few weeks will be many days of long hours and of being on call 24 hours a day, but it's nice to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. Plus, with all the vacation restrictions over the past year, I should be able to head up to our lake cabin for LOTS of fishing all throughout the summer!

Here's hoping the phone doesn't ring much in the next few weeks!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 11:49 PM   #2
MIbasser

Good luck Watterboy!!

Oh, I was in your neck of the woods this week. I had to go to Cybex for a sales call.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 12:15 AM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Congrats and I am hoping everything goes smooth for you.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-11, 12:18 AM   #4
cassidyta

Ah, the surge of an inital deployment/implementation. It is good to see a project wrap up. It makes the years of development, wondering if it will ever come together, almost worth it.
Congrats
Old 04-01-11, 01:56 AM   #5
WatterBoy

Thanks guys. 12:30 a.m. and the first phone call already came. It was just a little scheduling glitch, though, so it was a quick resolution and things are underway again. I start work at 6:00 a.m. every day, so it will be a night short on sleep. Just watching a few more jobs runs now before heading back for some more zzzzzzzzzz's.
Old 04-01-11, 01:56 AM   #6
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIbasser View Post
Good luck Watterboy!!

Oh, I was in your neck of the woods this week. I had to go to Cybex for a sales call.
Do you end up over here often?
Old 04-04-11, 08:11 AM   #7
MIbasser

I'm usually out in the Twin Cities every 4-5 weeks and spend 4 days out there. However my next trip out there will be up to Roseau..... I think I might wait until mid May for that trip!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-11, 11:28 PM   #8
WatterBoy

Default An all-nighter...

Well, the data conversion portion of our implementation went GREAT. We wrapped everything up one full-day ahead of our projected "best case" scenario, and we were able to have our processors using the system already on Thursday instead of starting today. Tonight is our first run of FULL BATCH PROCESSING, and I get to stay up all night and see how it goes. Plus our entire team has to be in the office to support our customers at 6:00 a.m. Saturday. Since there's a decent chance that batch processing won't be done by 6:00 a.m., I might not get any sleep at all tonight. I'm getting way too old for this!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.