Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-12, 06:14 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Golden oldies, lures that is.

The recent thread about Mepps spinners got me to thinking about the lures that have come and gone that were proven winners at one time. Perhaps a better version hit the market, perhaps they arn't made anymore, but mostly, they are lures we lost faith in for the newer lure designs. But the fact is, they probably still catch bass. What might be some lures or techniques you once relied on but rarely use now?

One bait that I used to use regularly is a weedless spoon. The Johnson Minnow comes to mind. Coupled with a trailer, it can be deadly in vegitation. But you never hear anyone talk about them and rarely see one thrown. I still use them on occation, but not often.

Another bait that seems to have lost favor is a hard bodied floating jerkbait like a Rapala balsa minnow, or the floating Rattlin Rouge. I still use these with regularity and catch more bass on these than I do suspending jerkbaits. But all the rage is suspending jerkbaits.

Thats a couple of mine that come to mind. What about some others? Maybe we can cause a revival of some of the older lures.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.