Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-12, 02:10 PM   #1
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Thank You Pro Reel

Kevin,
I know I usually PM you about reels when I receive them but feel other members on the board should read this.
I could not beleive the Calais 100 and 200 reels. You were right as usual as just cleaning and changing the oil before I used them would make them better. They are beyond smooth.
The Curado E7 is smoother than any Daiwa Zillion I have. The spool on it will spin as long as the spools on the Calais when thumb bar depressed. It will be the perfect rig to throw those Alpha Jigs on.
The ABU Ambassedeur 6600 C4 that you put bearings in and tuned is smooth as Curado and will make a great large swimbait reel. Now will be able to handle those 9 and 10 inch baits easy as a crankbait.
Thanks for the weights. I certainly will be throwing them before long. The weather here is in the 60's so going to get to try all the reels tomorrow. You have spoiled me when I try to buy a reel now. I pick one up and when it is not as smooth as my reels i just hand it back to clerk. I guess I forget that my reels were not that smooth to start.
Those BPS Pro Lite Baitcasters you tunned have turned into really good drop shot reels for me. Now I do not have to use a spinning reel so I feel I have more control over the fish.
The Alpha Jigs I fished in a tournament Saturday. Had 3 SM bass that weighed 14' 2". Buddy in back of boat had 1 LM and 1 SM that weighed total 5' 14". Needless to say we did not win and really do not know if just luck but he was using Strike King and some other type jig. Those jigs have really produced for me especially around blowdowns and brush.
Please let us know how Easton is progressing. Amanda has asked about him for 3 or 4 days.
Thanks
Mike

Last edited by mike234; 01-31-12 at 12:36 AM. Reason: misspelled word
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 11:58 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Way to go Mike. Kevin is one stand up guy in here and a master with fishing reels. Good to see some public recognition of his talents. He really knows how to make a reel sing a beautiful song.
Old 01-31-12, 12:08 AM   #3
bamabassman

you are a great fella oyurself mike. i LOVE the new rod.
Old 01-31-12, 12:39 AM   #4
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

John,
Glad you like the rod, now maybe that will change your luck and you will start catching larger fish instead of dinks.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 01:02 AM   #5
keithdog

So this is the fella that got you your new rod John? That was a really great thing you did Mike. ^5
Old 01-31-12, 08:54 PM   #6
bamabassman

yes keith this is the fella. wonderful man. and his wife ain't bad either, hahaha. very pretty wife. lucky dog he is. hahahaha!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.