Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-12, 03:08 AM   #1
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Caught This at a Sportsmans Show

Caught This Bass at a Sportsmans Show

Just thought I’d share this with you. I stepped into fishing seminar already in progress at a sportsmans show and one of the fish in the tank caught my immediate attention. At first I thought I was seeing things so I walked up to the tank for a closer look.

I wasn’t seeing things. One of the bass in the tank had something sticking out of its mouth. It was the tail of a fish it chowed down. From the looks of the tail, I believe it was a rainbow trout.

Right after I took a few shots with my camera people took notice and broke out their camera phones!!! Sorry that the pictures weren’t better.

Last edited by islandbass; 02-02-12 at 03:15 AM.
islandbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 07:45 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wow. He's got quite an appetite! If I was walking around the house with a chicken leg quarter sticking out of my mouth I'd get slapped up side the head. haha Very cook photo!
Old 02-02-12, 09:04 AM   #3
lilmule

Exactly why I bought this 6.5 in swim bait
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 09:37 AM   #4
joedog

Thanks islandbass.
I have a couple of ponds that are Rainbow stocked in my area. They start the stock every year with legal size Trout, 9 inches. Told they really can't or don't reproduce thats why they stock yearly? Very heavy pressure on these ponds, especially 2-3 weeks right after release of trout. Ponds have good panfish populations, especially sunnies.
Bass can grow big but the norm is more like 14-16 inches. Heavy bass harvest from the panfisherman, even thru the spawn.
One day last year I went to fish and next to the trash barrel were 16 short bass, DEAD, of course. All 16, 9 inches maybe 12. inches. If that desn't make your heart sink, nothing will!
Here I go on a tangent again, SORRY.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-02-12, 11:31 AM   #5
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Wow. He's got quite an appetite! If I was walking around the house with a chicken leg quarter sticking out of my mouth I'd get slapped up side the head. haha Very cook photo!

I take it this has happened before?
Talk about having something stuck in your teeth!
Old 02-02-12, 12:59 PM   #6
islandbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Exactly why I bought this 6.5 in swim bait
You got that right! Your swimbait is about the size of that trout. Hang on to your rod on the take and post a report and pic. That is one nice looking swimbait.
Old 02-02-12, 01:06 PM   #7
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hmmmmm...8 in. Huddleston anyone?

Last edited by Dogmatic; 02-02-12 at 01:15 PM.
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 03:57 PM   #8
gonefishin3
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
Hmmmmm...8 in. Huddleston anyone?

Thats what i use and optimum inlines
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 05:52 PM   #9
Dogmatic

Problem is, and I know a lot of swimbait fisherman will disagree, but trout stocked lakes with big bass are few and far between where I am, and I would always prefer to throw something that has the "match the hatch" quality, let's say something like this Real Prey,

9.5" Real Prey Bass, next to a 7.5" Golden shiner
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 06:16 PM   #10
Bassboss

Well how bout that... looks like someone got hungry!

I'd like to get a weedless hudd for the lakes around here, which early in the season have some straggler trout in them from the river that was dammed to make the lakes.
Old 02-02-12, 08:24 PM   #11
bluebasser86

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Thanks islandbass.
I have a couple of ponds that are Rainbow stocked in my area. They start the stock every year with legal size Trout, 9 inches. Told they really can't or don't reproduce thats why they stock yearly? Very heavy pressure on these ponds, especially 2-3 weeks right after release of trout. Ponds have good panfish populations, especially sunnies.
Bass can grow big but the norm is more like 14-16 inches. Heavy bass harvest from the panfisherman, even thru the spawn.
One day last year I went to fish and next to the trash barrel were 16 short bass, DEAD, of course. All 16, 9 inches maybe 12. inches. If that desn't make your heart sink, nothing will!
Here I go on a tangent again, SORRY.

Have a great day all!
Saw something similar a few years ago at a little pond by my parent's house. The bass are almost all 8-12 inches but I had caught one 5 pounder but it gets fished a ton an almost everything that gets caught gets kept, regardless of size. I went out there fishing and smelled dead fish coming from the trashcan so I walked over to see what it was. What I saw made me so mad I went home and haven't been back since. In the trash was a dead bass around 5lbs with a stick jammed through it's gills and thrown away, they hadn't even filleted it I can't imagine what in the world would cause someone to do something so wasteful but I hope I never see it again. Sorry to get off the topic but had to share my story of wasteful people.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 10:34 PM   #12
bamabassman

Lol, great pic man.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.