Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-09, 12:02 AM   #1
Love of the Sport
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Bait monkey... or not?

I went to BP last night to re up on 1/8 spinner baits ( bought 10 and 2 rattle traps and a dd18 and a spool of Pline halo fluoro) and while I was there I noticed they still had a Shimano Cronarch baitcaster in the display case. Now if it had been out in the open I would not have thought twice about it but since it was locked up behind the glass it caught my attention. They stopped making them last year I believe and since it was a left handed model I got curious. The salesman said regular price was $279 and the price had dropped since it was a discontinued model to $190. Well I said I was intrested but he couldn't find the box and for that he discounted the reel another $45 making the final price $145. I HAD to do it then. Ok so now I have a reel so I went to find a rod. I finally settled on a Shimano Cumara in 6'8" with a medium action and after fishing today i'm so glad that I did. This combo will cast a texas rigged 3" worm over 100' with 15lb fuoro attached easily and the rod is super sensitive. Sensitive enough in fact that i'm gonna have to learn to be more patient with the hook set. I must have missed a good 10 fish this morning by reacting to the initial bite too fast. Usually with the Shimano Crucial I was using for plastics I wouldn't know I had a fish until I felt his wieght on the line or unless he hit it hard.After typing all this its become apparent that the monkey was involved but I really think the reel would have been silly for me to pass on.
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 12:29 AM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

great to hear pal. glad ya got a set up you really like. hahaha on the jerking too quick. you'll get the hang of it soon enough. good luck on yer fishing with the new rig.
Old 02-28-09, 10:01 AM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nice

Gotta keep the monkey fed!
Old 02-28-09, 02:01 PM   #4
rangerryan

in about 30 min i will be headed to bass pro well thats how long my wife said it would take her to be ready. sooooo im guessing ive got at least a two hour wait.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 03:37 PM   #5
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I donīt need another reel !

Thatīs what I said a month ago; regular retail price in Mexico for a Chronarch 100 B = $315 + 15% sales tax . But I clicked on the clearance section of an on line store ( something that I very seldomly do ) and saw they were clearancing them out ........ now Iīm the proud owner of a brand new Chronarch 100B , got it for $213 ( including sales tax and shipping ), to make it better, I got it in 6 monthly payments of $35.50.

BaitMonkey or destiny ?

You figure it out.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 04:17 PM   #6
Love of the Sport

Congrats. So far it seems to be an outstanding piece of equiptment.

Last edited by Love of the Sport; 02-28-09 at 04:25 PM.
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 08:12 PM   #7
abu4600

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 10:17 PM   #8
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

hope you have some fun... got to let them have it.... you will get used to the rod

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.