Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 01-23-14, 12:57 AM   #1
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Chronarch 50 Mg

I just won a Chronarch 50 Mg from eBay. I got it for $125. Usually they go for close to 160-200 used or a little more then 200 for new. To me they are one heck of a good reel. I've bought 4 so far off ebay. One new and 3 used. If these reels don't dry up i see no need to purchase any new reels. I have been happy with all of them. Light weight and cast with very little effort all day long. They fit my big hand just right. I have a little bit of trouble casting some baits with mono or fluro on my other reels but not with the 50 Mg. Not to say i wouldn't try another reel in the future but for now i am very happy with these.
Old 01-23-14, 10:58 AM   #2
bassboogieman

Congrats, you got a good deal on those. I'm not a Shimano fan (imagine) but so many people like them, great thing we have a lot to choose from so EVERYONE can be happy - right?

Are you new to Magnesium (not just the Shimano Mg) reels? One piece of advice - from first hand experience - they do NOT like salt. If you ever fish brackish (tidal) water be sure to rinse them off after use. Do not let salty baits (like Senko's) remain in contact with the reel in a rod locker over night or several days after use. Wet, salty baits laying on a Magnesium reel will lead to corrosion - fairly quickly. While salty plastics and brackish water also affect steel & alum. it reacts much faster with Mg. If you've ever left a wet Senko on a hook in your rod locker for a week or so, you'll have an idea of the havoc they will wreck upon Mg reels especially after they see some use and end up with a nick or scratch in the protective coating. Treat them right and you'll get many years of reliability from them.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 08:38 PM   #3
Jrob78

Nice score Bob! I've bought a few Curado 100 D's in the last year and they have become some of my favorite reels. I know the 50 MG spool fits in the CU 100D so I bet the reels are pretty similar (at least profile wise.) I need to try to score a 50 MG to go with my 100 D's.
Old 01-28-14, 02:06 PM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I love the 100Ds! I've always wanted to score 1 of the 50mg. Send me your eBay profile name so I'm not bidding against you hahaha.
Old 01-29-14, 02:10 AM   #5
bassinbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Send me your eBay profile name so I'm not bidding against you hahaha.
I think i am done buying for now. So you go ahead and bid your heart out Bubba.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.