Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-08, 11:24 PM   #1
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06
Default Plastics Storage?

buying more and more worms is a cheep 3 dollar addiction.. and i keep having to consolodate more and more.. like all my dark colors are in one bag, light in another, scented in another and swim-baits in another..
What do you guys store your plastics in for the off-season and what do you take them out on the lake on?
Old 06-12-08, 06:40 AM   #2
Lancer6
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Mr. P.,

Storing more than one color of worms in the same compartment or bag is courting disaster. Even "dark" colors can bleed one to another. Colored tails, especially Chartreuse, can REALLY make some "changes". White, Yellow, Pearl, and even Chartreuse tails will be ruined by proximity to other colors.
While we're at it...If you buy any, I mean ANY, of the "Stretchy" softies, such as Strike King 3x, or CyberFlexx(TM) stuff, always keep them securely zipped in their own bags. If stored in contact with regular plastics they will melt them.
If you obtain some Berkley "GULP" stuff, they must be returned to their bags immediately after use. If they remain exposed to air for more than an hour or so they will begin to dry out and become stiff. They must remain in the bag and solution therein when not in active use.
Be willing to do it right or you'll wreck a lot of softies.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 09:34 AM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

MrP, I used to store them in the open section of my tacle box, until I got too many. I keep them in their original packages (to prevent color bleeding). Red colors will also bleed and ruin everything else (red shad). Like I said, I keep mine in the original packages and then put those in Ziploc bags organaized by worms, lizards, tubes, trailers, creature baits, senkos, etc. Then all the Ziploc bags are in an old duffle bag.

I do keep all my gulp plastics in one bag, no matter what style they are. And Ikeep things like Flukes or Slug-Go's in plano 3600 boxes because they need to lay flat. If they get a kink in them, they're no good.

BB
Old 06-12-08, 10:05 AM   #4
MrPhotographer06

i mean theres no like storage thing with zipped compartments to store them in.. like this? http://www.bassresource.com/fish/tackleboxes.html
Old 06-12-08, 10:22 AM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Yeah, there's a lot of those out there, but I prefer to keep them in the original package and have more than one of those would fit. Another option is the Falcon Soft Plastic Bags.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-FTO1107.html

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-FTO1105.html

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-FTO1106.html

BB
Old 06-12-08, 10:31 AM   #6
WTL

I store the ones I am not likely to use (roughtly 10 pounds worth) in a duffle bag that goes under the deck. I store the rest in a decent sized purse that goes with the plano boxes in the front storage compartment.
Old 06-12-08, 10:45 AM   #7
MrPhotographer06

well i guess it will be a little diffrent when i get my boat.. but fishing out of a 12 foot jon boat its hard to really take alot of stuff. but i think once i get seasonal boxes and fill those.. i can take one big box and one big bag of worms so i dont have fall stuff crowding my spring stuff..etc
Old 06-12-08, 01:44 PM   #8
Raul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
but fishing out of a 12 foot jon boat its hard to really take alot of stuff.
Iīve been thinking very seriously about dumping my compadre on the bank just to avoid getting above the weight carrying capacity of my 12 ft tub.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 02:18 PM   #9
MrPhotographer06

haha yeahh.. but hes the one with the truck...
Old 06-12-08, 03:00 PM   #10
Raul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
haha yeahh.. but hes the one with the truck...
Nope, I am the one with the tuck , but what good is having the truck and the boat if you got nobody to help you cartop the boat ? Canīt cartop it on my own, not that itīs that heavy but it is THAT bulky . Could solve the problem with a trailer, the most lakes I fish have no ramp or have no place to manuever truck and trailer to launch the boat, reason why I have to cartop it.

Oh well, I guess I will still have to leave a lot of stuff at home.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 09:03 PM   #11
keithdog

Mr.P I store my soft plastics just as BigBassin explained. I keep them in their original bags. I sort them out into groups based on their different styles, worms, frog, lizards, etc and then put each style into a larger zip lock bag. Those zip lock bags are stored in a small duffle bag. The duffle bag has pockets on the side to store hooks, weights and such which helps me too. I too fish out of a 12 foot jonboat. So I certainly can relate to the space issue. But this system works well for me. I posted this same question several months back and have used BigBassin's suggestion ever since. Thanks BB.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-08, 10:30 AM   #12
bassnman30

I place my favorite colored and most confident worms in one box. Lizards, senkos etc...
In another box. Takes up less space.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.