Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-12, 08:45 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default A word about Tackle Warehouse

I want to give you the heads up about ordering items from Tackle Warehouse, especially if you have never ordered from them before. First off let me say that this post is in NO WAY a slam towards TW. The folks at TW are top notch, and I would rather order from them than BPS, Cabelas, Gander Mountain or anyone else. Customer satisfaction is priority with the folks at TW and they will do whatever they can to make your shopping experience a pleasant one.
However, if you plan to order any lures from TW, especially jigs and plastics, I would suggest going to the manufacturers website first to select the colors of the baits you want. I have recently ordered jigs and plastic trailers, and I can tell you that often, the colors you saw on the TW website will not match what you recieve. I ordered a jig made by Dirty Jigs that looked very different from the photo in their website. So much so that even though the jig package was listed as the color I ordered, I was convinced that the jig manufacturer had accidently put the wrong jig in the wrong package. I contacted TW with my concern and they compared the photo in their website with the jigs in their stock. And they agreed that the jig I received, although it was the correct jig, the color was drastically different than the photo. I had the same issue when ordering a package of Yum Craw Papies. What looked in the photo like primarily a bright chartruese/light green was actually a dark to medium two toned color. Definatately not what I wanted as I already had similarly colored trailers. Tackle Warehouse agreed with me that what I got wasn't even close to what was pictured, so they told me to keep the lures and credited my account. They explained that when they photograph the lures for their website, they use intense flash which brings out colors which end up appearing much brighter in tone than they actually are. They thanked me for my pointing it out, and hope to rectify the issue on their end. So here is your heads up folks. Verify the color choice of the lure you want on the manufacturers website, or another tackle dealers website before ordering from TW.
Old 04-24-12, 09:15 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It's hard to check colors in the catalogs because they print such a small sample. Especially for us color blind folk. The web sites are much better but there is always the exception. Glad they took care of your concerns. I pretty much have to rely on the printed word of the colors I choose.
Old 04-24-12, 10:18 PM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's a great tip Keith. I work in printing, we do a lot of art gallery work for photographers. You would be amazed at how different colors can look from monitor to monitor and under different light sources. Fluorescent, incandescent and sunlight, they all produce widely different colors. I can take a print and walk through my building to outside and get 3 or 4 slightly different takes on the same image. If color is critical on a specific bait, I would look at as many different pictures as you can find to try to get an accurate idea about what it will really look like. TW is great though, I'm glad they acknowledged the problem and made it right with you.
Old 04-25-12, 11:26 AM   #4
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

You guys are always welcome to call me if you need anything. If I don't have it I will try and find it and you'll be helping out someone who is just starting. Thanks again guys and appreciate the ones who have gotten stuff from me so far.
Matt
matt3mckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 05:02 PM   #5
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Good call! Thanks for pointing this out.
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-12, 10:03 PM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I know from experience how hard it can be sometimes to get colors represented accurrately in photographs. However, I'd think from such a large company, they'd have knowledgeable and skilled photographers. Unless someone messed something up when putting the pictures up on the page.

Either way, TW is great. I'm not surprised at all that they made the issue right, or at least did their best to.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.