Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-12, 07:08 PM   #1
BassAnglerMagazine
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Bass TV

There are a lot of bass fishing shows out now including the Bassmaster Elite stops, Major League Fishing and so many more - what's your favorite?
BassAnglerMagazine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 08:44 PM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bill Dance Bloopers,still get them in reruns,Other notable reruns just not fishing, Elvira mistress of the dark etc.Man she was hot =Cassandra Peterson,I dream of Jeanie-Barbara Eden,Murder she wrote -Angelia Lansbury ,yes place her in same category.
Yes I know it shows my age ,dont care.
Probably because of the same thing my age dont relate to a lot of the new shows,most tend to skip around a bit hoping something within you will like.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 11:07 PM   #3
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i really miss a day on the lake!
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 11:20 PM   #4
Jrob78

I watch a lot of fishing on tv, I mean A LOT. I like all the tournament coverage, Bass Pro's, Lost Lake, Classic Patterns, Pro Team Journal, Extreme Angler, Honey Hole, pretty much all the bass fishing shows. I watch WFN a lot, some of the foreign shows are kind of cool too.
Old 05-15-12, 01:47 AM   #5
joedog

I see alot of shows from Texas Fishing to Dance, Winkleman, Martin, Grisby, Jimmy Houston, (gotta like Jimmy, don't think I ever saw a show he didn't at least once 'giggle' with excitement), Bass Pro, Critical Concepts, North American Fisherman Club, Strike Kings Fish Hard, Next Bite, and numerous not worth mentioning. Stay away from off shore but enjoy the Redfish Tournies. Grew up fly casting streams for trout so I'll watch that if on.
Now I should explain, I'm not a TV guy per say. Have TV in same room as computer so unless I'm doing business the sport channel or NBC Sport ch is on as much as background as anything, I live alone. Don't do outdoor channel any more and can't get Fish TV. In reality I don't know that I really watch anything intentionally, if it's on I'll watch, if something comes up I'll stop watching, most are just repeats and they'll be on again

Now I caught a show only once like a week or two ago that really was neat. Now it had the word Bass and the word Battle in it but it's not that one with pros. This show had a group of Army Cadets against I think a group of Navey Cadets. They get dropped of in like the wilderness with limited supplies and they competed against each other as a team, Army vs Navy. This was a FISHING competion, weight of best five fish or something. The contestants are in 'Boot Camp' or training or something.
Anyone ever see such a show. Thought it was a series because I think they mentioned Marines were next show or something.
Anyone see this or know what I'm talking about? Now thinking about it , it may have been called 'Grunt Battles' ?
Old 05-15-12, 05:22 PM   #6
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

As far as a fishing show, I like Zona's. Just the fact that he's always acting like an idiot and willing to show when they bomb is refreshing. You ever see another boat in the camera shot of a Bill Dance show? Never.

Competition shows are another story. I think the Ultimate Match Fishing format is one of the coolest ideas they have had in a ling time. Really neat to see how different pros dissect a body of water and play the front of the boat game to their advantage.

And of course, I'll check out the coverage of the Elite series and FLW guys.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 05:25 PM   #7
Mumpy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My Favorite is Youtube Vids, When the wife is watching "Dancing with the Stars" I'm in the Kitchen with the Youtube Videos learning everything from Dropshot with the HDS Lowrance to Tying Albright Special knots.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.