Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-11, 12:12 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Remembering Zooker

July 2nd marked the one year anniversary of the passing of our dear friend Zooker. I find it very hard to believe it has been a year already since he left us, and even harder to accept. Zooker was such an important part of BassFishin.com and his loss has left a void for all of us who knew and loved the man. Zooker loved to share his knowledge and his quick wit brought me so many belly laughs. Many times listening to him talk, which he did with zest, our conversations would bring smiles to my face. He had a great sense of humor, and a real knack for telling stories. Zooker loved life and lived it fully. From his fishing and hunting, to his gardening and cooking, he loved them all. That guy could grill! I really miss those pics of his grilling exploits he would share with us. I think all of us who knew him would agree that he was a one of a kind. And I hope it stays that way. I kind of like that. Zooker was unique, and very special to all of us who knew him. There will never be another Zooker. This past May at the BF.Com get together at Wheeler Lake in Alabama, I was lying in my bed the second night of my stay, and thinking about Zooker, wishing he was there. How I would have enjoyed sharing a few laughs with him, and perhaps doing a little fishing with him. But then, His mother Mrs. Dickerson was there as was his sister Krystal. And John brought much of his fishing tackle and many of his home made lures to share. And I had the pleasure of seeing the Dickersons fishing with John. Mrs Dickerson caught her first bass which thrilled all of us. And then I started to realize, he was there with us. His spirit was all around us in everything we did that week. From the fellowship, to the fishing and the cookout, it was all Zooker to a T. I may not have been able to see him, but I felt him. And that void that I felt started to fade away. Every fish that was caught, he was there. Every laugh that was shared, he was there. You can't shake off the spirit of someone like that. He stays with you. And thank God that is so. I miss you big guy. But I know you look in on us from time to time. So untill we meet again, just know that your memory lives inside out hearts. God Bless you old friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zooker-dickerson.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	6995  

Last edited by keithdog; 07-17-11 at 10:58 AM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 12:24 AM   #2
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

there's no way it's been a year already.. I can't believe it. i wish I would have met him, I only got to chat with him a few times on the basschat. he shared some jokes about spanish girls which was hilarious haha.
Old 07-17-11, 09:20 AM   #3
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

great post keith. i think of zooker ever time i log on. as the saying goes gone but not forgotten
Old 07-17-11, 12:26 PM   #4
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yup, I forget sometimes and expect to see a post of something grilled for a few seconds. Miss ya Zook.
Old 07-17-11, 09:17 PM   #5
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

THANK YOU KEITH. i am sorry it has taken me this long to post, for reasons i know you all understand.
i went out on july 2nd, went to where zooker and i went on 1 of his last 2 fishing trips. went to the mudhole and to the same spot where he caught his 3# fish. the mudhole as i call it is WEISS lake folks. i tied on a crankbait similier to what he threw, started to get in some fish too. i was thining man........ZOOKER is here with me. this is him catching these fish with me. i landed 2 dinks and 1 keeper before the trollin motor went out on me and i had to go in. but i knew he was there in spirit with me. i even ahd a ZOOKENSTEIN tied on another set up to throw in his honor, but didn't get the chance. guess he knew i would probably lose it and that would make me really bummed out.

sorry, it's hard for me still to think, talk or write aobut my friend gang. forgive me. been thining aobut him all day today. i guess it just all came back in a flood. and that's when i stepped ont he nail and all. i made a thread just now about it. made fun of myself of ocurse. ol zooker would have laughed his arse off at me, probably is now. lol.

well, ok...........ZOOKER, i miss oyu old friend and i think about you often. hold the boat up there for me. for one day, lisa and i will need a guide around those lakes oyu are fishing. that's it gang, sorry........

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.