Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-26-08, 03:37 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default BassFishin.com get together 2

Last weekend of March 2009!!! Moose invites you for a weekend of fun in Warsaw Mo. Where we will be fishing below Truman Dam for White Bass. Here is a Hotel not far from my Crib. http://www.unclegabbys.com/index.html I look forward to seeing you there. Here is the warsaw city page it has links related to fishing & the dam it self with the Army Corp of Egineers.http://mo-warsaw.civicplus.com/index.asp?NID=22 Yes below the is Lake of the Ozarks. But most of the White Bass will be holding tight up by the Dam.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 06-26-08 at 03:49 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 05:31 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

gonna check and see if we can make moose ol pal. it all depends on the mrs. healing up from her transplant ok? but so far, i am there.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-08, 09:56 PM   #3
Jim80

gonna try like hell moose i'll put the vaction time request in on monday
Old 06-26-08, 10:12 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

For now, count us in, but that's a long way away so we'll see.

BB
Old 06-27-08, 09:18 AM   #5
Lilmoosecountry

I realize that. I am just trying to plan things. I have a busy household you know my self. I want to give plenty of Notice so more will have time to schedule. With being a year out. I see no reason why we should'nt have a good showing. That's one reason i did'nt make it. Besides with this knid of Notice i want Zook there with us.
Old 06-27-08, 09:28 AM   #6
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Moose,

Not saying it's bad or anything, but shouldn't it be a bit later, say early June or mid-June? That way, teachers and students, as well as other could have an easier chance of getting time off.

Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 11:00 AM   #7
rodman rat
BassFishin.Com Active Member

isn't MO still frozen in March?? Remember some of us have never been in temp below 50!!
If it is not cold I will be there
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 11:00 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Buzzie, just skip school man, it'll mostly be on the weekend anyways.

If moose wants to take us fishing for white bass, then I'm ure he knows what he is doing by setting that date.

BB
Old 06-27-08, 11:48 AM   #9
Lilmoosecountry

Thanx Big Bass!!! The Last week of March & the first week in April white Bass make there annual run up River to the Dam. It'll be about 45 to 55 degree's. White Bass thrive better in colder Water. Come Summer they go deep.
Old 06-27-08, 11:56 AM   #10
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Wing View Post
Moose,

Not saying it's bad or anything, but shouldn't it be a bit later, say early June or mid-June? That way, teachers and students, as well as other could have an easier chance of getting time off.

White Bass are the oposite of every thing a large mouth is. They allmost act like trout. Water has to be cold to catch them in 5 to 10 feet of water. If you all want another choice. Then fine by me but anything after the 2nd weekend of April is just to late to do as good as we will in this time window. We will be Catching Big Cats. I expect in 35 to 65 lb range. The Big Flat heads & Blues feed on the white bass during there annual run to the dam. Walleye & Crappie should be good to. But since this a bass fourm i thaught i would plan it around somthing other than the largemouth. Itz still a bass & many may have never caught these little silver white bullets.
Old 06-27-08, 11:57 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Oh boy, them souther guys won't know what hit 'em in that kind of cold weather. What's the air temps round that time of year? I know we were still ice fishing here in march.

BB
Old 06-27-08, 11:58 AM   #12
BigBassin144

Moose, that date is fine. I think it is a great idea to have the member events focus on different fish than just LM. Even other fish species besides bass would great.

BB
Old 06-27-08, 12:17 PM   #13
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

not to mention that those buggers put up a pretty good fight for thier size. throw in that during the run you can catch ALOT in a days time. should be a good trip.

we all have plenty of time to plan this thing so lets see what we can do.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 03:03 PM   #14
Lilmoosecountry

With a spinning reel loaded with 6lb line & the dam roaring water. You will have fight on your hands.
Old 06-27-08, 03:59 PM   #15
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
White Bass are the oposite of every thing a large mouth is. They allmost act like trout. Water has to be cold to catch them in 5 to 10 feet of water. If you all want another choice. Then fine by me but anything after the 2nd weekend of April is just to late to do as good as we will in this time window. We will be Catching Big Cats. I expect in 35 to 65 lb range. The Big Flat heads & Blues feed on the white bass during there annual run to the dam. Walleye & Crappie should be good to. But since this a bass fourm i thaught i would plan it around somthing other than the largemouth. Itz still a bass & many may have never caught these little silver white bullets.
The cold water part is very true. This year in the Detroit River, we hit them in about 10' of water below a small wing dam in 40F water. Most of them were in the 15-16" range although we did catch some close to 20". I'd say we caught close to 50 that day, but that was slow. They normally run in late May/June and you'll catch 80-150 in a day no problem.

Great day to say the least.
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 05:13 PM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Oh boy, them souther guys won't know what hit 'em in that kind of cold weather. What's the air temps round that time of year? I know we were still ice fishing here in march.

BB
40 to 50 will be the air temp. Water will be allot colder than that. But water can't freeze with moving water from the dam.
Old 06-27-08, 06:15 PM   #17
zooker

water temps should be in the upper 30's lower 40's.

i love the fight of some big white bass that or some sea run hickory shad early in the spring..

truman dam tail race?? i remember having to go down into the city to launch a boat- can't remember the name of the place- then running up to the fork and catching stripers with my uncle.

what moose is saying is bank fishing though.. can ya still park inside the fork? i remember my uncle talkin about a spot next to the "ball park" he liked to fish..

not to worry moose i been thar don all dat afore..need to do dat again..

zooker
Old 06-29-08, 09:55 PM   #18
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
40 to 50 will be the air temp. Water will be allot colder than that. But water can't freeze with moving water from the dam.
in 50 degrees i could were shorts and a t-shirt can't wait now that i said that i have a feeling i'll have to live up to it
Old 06-29-08, 10:32 PM   #19
Jim80

if ya get me a dry suit i'll swim as well
Old 06-30-08, 09:18 AM   #20
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
water temps should be in the upper 30's lower 40's.

i love the fight of some big white bass that or some sea run hickory shad early in the spring..

truman dam tail race?? i remember having to go down into the city to launch a boat- can't remember the name of the place- then running up to the fork and catching stripers with my uncle.

what moose is saying is bank fishing though.. can ya still park inside the fork? i remember my uncle talkin about a spot next to the "ball park" he liked to fish..

not to worry moose i been thar don all dat afore..need to do dat again..

zooker
Yes you can load your boat at the Fork as well!!! City still has lauch ramp as well.
Old 06-30-08, 10:44 AM   #21
BigBassin144

whoo! 40-50 degrees, after a cold winter 50* is sweatshirt weather. Those poor southern boys...

BB
Old 06-30-08, 06:51 PM   #22
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
whoo! 40-50 degrees, after a cold winter 50* is sweatshirt weather. Those poor southern boys...

BB
yeah we ins will be all bundled up wearin mo sweat shirts than a whole cheerleadin squad..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.