Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-02-08, 04:40 PM   #1
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default surefooted as a 3 legged mountain goat

Allright, i waited all day for lowrider to post it, knew it was coming, yet suprisingly he didn't. I as much as anyone enjoy a good laugh even at my own expense so here goes.
While fishing a tournament monday at a semi local oxbow (completely filled with cypress, to the point where the outboard is a no no, and a large boat is at a disadvantage.) We had just started fishing (pitching soft plastics.)
I was standing on the VERY back corner of the boat, and had just stretched out and made a beautiful cast at about the same time lowrider decided to back up into a stump with a swift jerk of the trolling motor. Well you guessed it I lost my balance, wich I thought was ok. I did the whole balance dance and just as I thought I was ok, I realised I was leaned at about a 45% angle and goin overboard . I hit the water with a thunderous splash, came up rather quickly, handed my rod and reel to lowrider, got back in the boat, and looked around to see who all seen my dumb *** fall out. Luckily the trees were so thick that no one seen . It made for a cold morning of fishing but I recoverd and had a good laugh.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 04:49 PM   #2
cassidyta

That just tells you that lowrider is a hell of a guy not to dime you out like that.

Well either that or there was technical issue that kept him from doing it....lol
Old 09-02-08, 04:50 PM   #3
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

At least you didnt loose your rod !!
TNRACER93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 04:55 PM   #4
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRACER93 View Post
As soon as I realised I was going over, I laid the whole "kung fu grip" on that baby, and it actually surfaced and made it outta the lake before I did.
Old 09-02-08, 04:56 PM   #5
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRACER93 View Post
of course i grabbed the rod (his finest in his arsenal) FIRST!! and boys, i was gonna tell ya'll about it, he just did it first. but i made sure to tell all our friends as soon as we got to the weigh-in and i even told our wives before he could.

the pros always talk about boat control being important, but balance is priceless. btw, if anybody has any of those super-sticky KVD fishing shoes for sale i may know a buyer.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 04:57 PM   #6
Jim80

I feel your pain man I'm the clumsy guy that trips over a paper clip in the center of the room . but at least it wasn't a late fall tourny
Old 09-02-08, 05:01 PM   #7
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
of course i grabbed the rod (his finest in his arsenal) FIRST!! and boys, i was gonna tell ya'll about it, he just did it first. but i made sure to tell all our friends as soon as we got to the weigh-in and i even told our wives before he could.

the pros always talk about boat control being important, but balance is priceless. btw, if anybody has any of those super-sticky KVD fishing shoes for sale i may know a buyer.

I just think he has problems keeping anything in the boat. He has threw a rod out of the boat, and monday he threw a keeper fish and his partner outta the boat.
Old 09-02-08, 05:04 PM   #8
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

it wasn't a keeper
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.