Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-26-08, 01:58 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Moose's GREEN LURES!!!

I am thinking about making jigs on the side. Mine will be 90% enviormetally friendly lures. Jigs steel hooks that can easily rot away. No rubber skirts instead all jigs will be bucktail fibers that can easily rot away. If ever snagged. That also includes the cotton thread used to wrap on the bucktail. This project will began this winter. Once i get going Zook i'll send a couple to yeah for testing. I just want to make them & make alittle money. How can i sell them with out getting involved in that part.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 08-26-08 at 02:27 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 02:05 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If you're making hair jigs in black and blue, or brown and orange,
1/4 , 3/8 ounce I'd send ya an order or two, they are hard to come by around here. How much would ya charge for a jig?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 02:12 PM   #3
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
If you're making hair jigs in black and blue, or brown and orange,
1/4 , 3/8 ounce I'd send ya an order or two, they are hard to come by around here. How much would ya charge for a jig?
I'm thinking about 2.00 bucks. What do you think is fair. What about heads painted or plain. I thinking about making bucktail spinner baits as well. These will cost alittle more. My primary purpose here is not selling. Just how i can sell these with out getting involved in a webpage.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 08-26-08 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-26-08, 02:29 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sound great price to me, i can paint the heads no problemo...let me know when you're ready to sell..any chance of getting a bass jig lighter than 1/4, like a 3/16 ounce for river fishing..thanks
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 02:59 PM   #5
Lilmoosecountry

Yeahh i can do that.
Old 08-26-08, 04:00 PM   #6
Bmuskin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Let me know if you need some Deer tails or some squirrel tails to play with I usually get a couple of deer and do nothing with the hide or tails except throw them away. Also some of the guys I hunt with would have some tails.
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-08, 05:08 PM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

Thanks but i get plenty. How has fish'n been going. As it getz Colder walleye should start run'n. 60 degree mornings tellz me itz going to get cold early this winter. 09 Farmers permoting a Humdinger of a winter.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 08-26-08 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-26-08, 05:28 PM   #8
Bmuskin

Went to the stripmines 2 sundays ago. The bite was slow caught 5 all day and normally catch 5 times that amount. However 1 of the 5 weighed in at 7+ pounds according to the fish calculators. 22" length and 14" girth. I am going tonight after work and hit it hard at a pond by 435 & 152.
How did fishing river turn out? I have wondered about that place?
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 09:05 AM   #9
Lilmoosecountry

I went down to the mouth & caught 5 white bass. Last few weeks i've been going to wild wood lake in raytown. Cold mornings slowed bite down best average was about 5 bass.
Old 08-27-08, 09:41 AM   #10
Snake2715

I may be in as well. I came across a bucktail jig (on clearance) at Dicks. I had not seen one in most stores for years. I snatched it up.

As far as your selling get the baits out and on here to get your word of mouth started. Even a simple webpage in the future that shows a few pics and gives your email would be simple for someone to do. No need to get fancy or even offer a checkout option on the webpage.

Again the webpage is down the road run a winter or two by word of mouth.
Old 08-27-08, 10:00 AM   #11
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2715 View Post
I may be in as well. I came across a bucktail jig (on clearance) at Dicks. I had not seen one in most stores for years. I snatched it up.

As far as your selling get the baits out and on here to get your word of mouth started. Even a simple webpage in the future that shows a few pics and gives your email would be simple for someone to do. No need to get fancy or even offer a checkout option on the webpage.

absoluteyly, yahoo also has site builder software with lots of web templates. It is tons easier to use than frontpage, granted its not as good but for something like jigs it would be perfect. It is even complete with drag and drop buy now pay pal buttons.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 11:22 AM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2715 View Post

Yes i think i am going to do the word of mouth thing first. Give few here & there. Permote the idea various comapnies. No single jig & pig looks as real as a bucktail jig.
All old things come new again. The biggest issue i have with plastic skirts. Is every body's jig looks the same. Well a hand tied bucktail jig no 2 will look alike. The bucktail will catch as many.
Old 09-02-08, 01:09 PM   #13
Lilmoosecountry

I have a new name. Moose's All Natural Lure Company. I will be making jigs,spinnerbaits & Buzzbaits using natual hair fibors Kiptail,Bucktail & Squirrel Tail. Maybe some white fox here & there.
Old 09-02-08, 02:46 PM   #14
Bender

A friend of mine makes some pretty extravagant looking hand tied hair jigs and sells them for $6 each. Another hair jig I got many of came out to be around $2-3 each. And another guy I know makes Kandy Bass touchdown jigs which are $3 or 4 each I think. So $2 is very much on the low end, might go up to $3 or so.
As far as selling goes our local marina has an open house/boat show in the spring and they let vendors have a booth for free. Look for things like that and visit club weigh-ins at local lakes too. A lot of people order from our website too, but you need to get your name out there. Also good advice we got is to never give anything away for free. If you set this precedence then in the future it is hard to tell somebody "sorry, you have to pay now". I still do on occasion, mainly if somebody is fishing with me I'll give them some to use.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 05:02 PM   #15
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

put a sticker in the back window of your truck, cheap advertising. i had a small web business for a while and a sticker of my www address on my bikes windshield and on the vehicles difinately got me some site traffic.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-08, 05:24 PM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

what types of buzzbaits would you like to see. 2 bladed buzz baits, 4 blade whatz your ideas on size as well. Is there somthing special that no ones is doing & what not. That you'like to see being made.
Old 09-02-08, 11:16 PM   #17
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Tell me when you get some ready. I love supporting new tackle makers.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 09:04 AM   #18
Lilmoosecountry

I should be up & ready by Nov. I am going to be selling them in the classifieds.
Old 09-05-08, 11:07 AM   #19
Lilmoosecountry

I won't be giving many away for free. But i am looking for some input on my product. I will start this nov. making Jigs first. I want some input from the jigs i give away. Bucktail we pretty much know how they'll stand up. But i want to play around with some other furs. White Fox & Kiptail. So Bama, Reb, zook, Captain Mike, Bmuskin send your address in a PM. I will get a jig out to you. I want to know everything. What do you think of it's Quality. How well it handles. Do you like this fur on the jig. Type & size of fish you caught with it.
Old 09-05-08, 11:23 AM   #20
Jim80

Moose when your ready send me some info on the jigs I would buy a couple to try them out especially with winter on it's way soon .

Jim
Old 09-10-08, 11:48 AM   #21
Lilmoosecountry

I just got off the phone with some crook who promised to help market my product. If i would send him 695.00. Well that ain't going to happen.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 09-10-08 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-10-08, 11:59 AM   #22
Lilmoosecountry

I've decided to kill the idea. I want to go further. But the reality is i don't have time. To make make it work.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 09-10-08 at 04:21 PM.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.