Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-16-08, 10:53 AM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default UMF concept SUCKS!!!

I like the seeing to Pro's going tow to tow. It would make more since if each angler had there own boat. FIRE that DUMB REFF. Or atleast buy the CLOWN some Bifocals. But sharring a boat is just stupid. That clown they have for a reffree. What a dam joke. This guy made allot of bad calls this season. Your over the line. How is he over the line when he is in the back of the boat. Casting his lure to the back facing the outboard. Couple of Anglers had some comments for him BLEAPED out. I would of love to of heard what was said. Anybody here a fan of the UMF. I am a fraid i be so mad you'd see me walking on water coming over an strangle that weesal. They need INSTANT replay any time he makes bad call.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 09-16-08 at 12:57 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 01:07 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i am a fan of any bassfishing show out there......beats the hell out of home and garden or qvc which is what my wife would probably have me watching if there weren't any fishing shows on. but i agree mark randolph makes a lot of bad calls, but i still kinda like having these guys fishing out of the same boat. if they were out of different boats than it would be the same format as any other bass tournament, only with 2 people. this way it is something a little different.
Old 09-16-08, 04:11 PM   #3
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i kinda like it too. i remember in one of the matches (forgot which) one of the guys commented that he and his competitor had been friends for 20 years, but had never fished out of the same boat. kinda cool if you ask me.

not to mention it's some pretty good exposure for a little body of water in my home state.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 11:27 PM   #4
fishin' fool
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I like it alot! It seems they always pair anglers up that have way different personalities, so it makes it interesting. One of the ones I like the most was with Kelly Jordan and I think Paul Ellise or Boyd Ducket, were they were fishing KY lake. Well Kelly caught like a stringer of 20 pounds in like 10 minutes fishing the river channel, it was great fishin! I like the show better than Think you can beat Charlie Moore! I think alot of people could beat him, he always fishes the same lures and same areas. He isn't versitle it seems. But I would like to see him and Iconelli in the same boat, put two loud mouths together, make for an interesting show. I think they would compete to see who could out talk/yell eachother! Good fishin
fishin' fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 07:50 AM   #5
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin' fool View Post
I like it alot! It seems they always pair anglers up that have way different personalities, so it makes it interesting. One of the ones I like the most was with Kelly Jordan and I think Paul Ellise or Boyd Ducket, were they were fishing KY lake. Well Kelly caught like a stringer of 20 pounds in like 10 minutes fishing the river channel, it was great fishin! I like the show better than Think you can beat Charlie Moore! I think alot of people could beat him, he always fishes the same lures and same areas. He isn't versitle it seems. But I would like to see him and Iconelli in the same boat, put two loud mouths together, make for an interesting show. I think they would compete to see who could out talk/yell eachother! Good fishin

That was Kelly and Boyd! It was a great match! I like the format because it involves a lot of strategy between the anglers. It wouldn't be the same if they were in separate boats. The referee thing is a bit much at times, but I guess it's the only way to keep one angler from "poaching" the other during their time on the front of the boat.
Old 09-17-08, 09:09 AM   #6
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

I have to say that I am a fan of the show also. I think that it requires the angler to use more strategy than they normally would. These guys are all great anglers. If they weren't they wouldn't be on the show or making a living at fishing. One other aspect that I kind of like about having them both in the same boat is the pressure that the person in the back or front has to deal with when he see's his competitor landing fish. I like seeing how they react to it.
I do agree that something should be done about the BAD calls.
Great Concept though. Heck I would put up with it if I had a chance to fish for 50K.
bhfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 10:33 AM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

Comming from me this is not an attack on the fishermen. My biggest issue is that reff. It's not needed in our sport. Even if you do like it. You got admit he is lousy on some of these calls.
Old 09-18-08, 12:15 AM   #8
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

What the heck, it was a good topic anyway. At least it spawned some conversation. Are you going to the Big Bass Blast this weekend?
bhfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 09:12 AM   #9
Lilmoosecountry

No not this week end.
Old 09-18-08, 01:03 PM   #10
Lilmoosecountry

This id not the best title for this thread. Comming from some one who is suspose to be a christian. I Wish i did'nt title it that way. I just got caught up in the excitment. We as fishermen need to be an example to the Young'n's. They read these sites. What kind of example do i set on the future of fishermen when i talk like that. I'm deeply sorry for my manners guy's.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.