Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-09, 10:17 AM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Bait monkey and a few bass!

bait monkey

Ok so I we and my dad went to gander to get a few things, but we walked out with a little more! We planed on getting some floating lizards, some beads, and two new tackle boxes for hooks and blue gill stuff! But we walked out with a bit more! Since my bro needed a new rod/reel, I helped him pick one out that was around 80$ I told him you could get an ok pflueger president combo that that much! So we found a good one, and since he didn't have any cash he would have to save up for one later. Since I didn't have a spinning reel, I got one for 30 bucks, a Shakespeare inspinity combo M action rod with a cork handle, and got some 10lb big game to put on it! My dad also needed a spinning reel so he got an Okuma Avenger for 80 bucks. After we found a rod for my bro, and me and my old man got one, we looked for the lizards and boxes we came here in the first place for! We got the boxes than looked around for floating lizards but didn't find any, so we just got some zoom lizards, than we got some beads for C-rigs. Than we just looked around, got some peca craws, screw lock shaky heads (1/16oz - 1/4oz), and a finesse jig. Since they didn't have floating lizards, we looked for some steyro form floats to get the lizards floating. We looked and didn't find any so we went to see if there was any in the salt water section, didn't find any there either. However, we did get some storm swimbaits on sale for 1.95. They also had some leaches for the same price, we we got some of those too!

So after we fed the monkey, we went home for an early dinner of fish n chips, after we went fishing some place new.

few bass

So here's a few pics of the place:

I didn't get many pics of the place, but it's about 25 acres.. in my book, it a lake!

I started with a 10" worm, my dad started with a spinnerbait, and my older brothers reel broke on the first cast, so now he's learning to use my old bait caster! My little bro started with a little crankbait. I got one bass, but missed it. After a wile we moved spots... to the other side of the lake, my dad caught a snake head after few casts to the place in the second pic.

After that my dad got a hit on a spinnerbait, but missed it.

than my little bro put on a shaky head and caught one right off the bat! I was not around to take a pic since the camera was in my pocket. When I walked back to change lures, my little bro said he got one a worm, I asked how he rigged it, he rigged it with a shaky head and a trick worm. So I put that on, second cast my line tightened and started moving off, I set the hook to a nice little bass, did a nice jump and I landed him, and took a pic.

It was a dink, but felt real good since I hadn't caught bass in a few weeks! Shorty after that the Jr caught a one about the same size on a shaky head, and I took a pic, about the same size, but a bit bigger!

After long time no caught one, than I caught one on a shaky head wading about the same size as the first, but when I got it close I grabbed the line to land him and he plopped off! I count it as caught though! Than five minutes before we left, Jr again caught one, about 10" when I got out of the water to get the camera, to take a pic, he had already thrown it back! Sorry about that guys!

Anyway, I had a lot of fun, didn't catch a lot, but still caught two! felt real good since I hadn't caught one in weeks! The place has big bass potential, has good cover submerged and emergent cover, also has deep water assessable though out the lake with shallow water near by!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Bassboss; 06-23-09 at 04:53 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.