Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-09, 10:46 AM   #1
DonaldBreland

Default To everyone on this board:

This is a copy of my last 9 posts. Apparently someone thinks I am on here just to promote products that sponsor me. I just wanted to show my last 9 posts and please check into all of them and see if I'm on here to help people out or to promote products.
Does anyone on here have a myspace account. Forum: Non-Fishing Related Talk Today, 12:32 AM Replies: 9
A new pet for Zooker
Views: 56
Posted By DonaldBreland
I was actually thinking of moving to florida. I...

I was actually thinking of moving to florida. I think I will think that more thoroughly. lol

Forum: Message Boards Today, 12:30 AM Replies: 4
Kayaking?
Views: 25
Posted By DonaldBreland
I have a couple questions for you bassassinator....

I have a couple questions for you bassassinator. What is the water temperature where your fishing? What kind of structure do you have to fish around?

Forum: Message Boards Today, 12:15 AM Replies: 4
Kayaking?
Views: 25
Posted By DonaldBreland
you should be fine. A lot of people use a fly rod...

you should be fine. A lot of people use a fly rod in a kayak and they seem to do pretty good. I would only carry what I needed to though. I wouldnt carry my whole tackle box. Maybe put a few things...

Forum: Techniques, Strategy, Tactics & Tips Today, 12:12 AM Replies: 17
Lazer Trokar Hooks
Views: 276
Posted By DonaldBreland
Okay. I have another report. As far as the hooks...

Okay. I have another report. As far as the hooks straightening out if your hung up. They will. I am also using 50lb braid too. As far as sharpness. They receive a 10 out of 10 to me. I have been...

Forum: Bragging Board & Monkey Talk Today, 12:08 AM Replies: 25
Alabama Fishing
Views: 129
Posted By DonaldBreland
Congrats Tim. I know they will be fishing with...

Congrats Tim. I know they will be fishing with the very best rods on the market today.

Forum: Bragging Board & Monkey Talk Today, 12:03 AM Replies: 20
World Record Dink Caught!!!!!!!!
Views: 121
Posted By DonaldBreland
Hey nofear. That was supposed to be top secret. ...

Hey nofear. That was supposed to be top secret.
I see people always showing off their big fish so I decided to show off my big fish lol

Forum: Bragging Board & Monkey Talk Yesterday, 09:21 PM Replies: 20
World Record Dink Caught!!!!!!!!
Views: 121
Posted By DonaldBreland
shhh dont tell my secrets lol. Thanks Keithdog.

shhh dont tell my secrets lol. Thanks Keithdog.

Forum: Non-Fishing Related Talk Yesterday, 12:13 PM Replies: 42
Poison Ivy...
Views: 205
Posted By DonaldBreland
when I get the itch I just shave. I meant to say...

when I get the itch I just shave. I meant to say that last night king. Benadryl works on my wife as well. Poison Ivy doesn't bother me though.

Forum: Bass Classifieds Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Old 09-13-09, 10:57 AM   #2
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

wow...that's a lot of work to just prove a point....I haven't noticed any gratuitus product plugging on your part. In saying that, I also don't believe that an occasional plug on an "appropiate" thread is grounds for caning either. This is a great site for "bs"ing and learning, it is also a place to learn who does what, sells what, fixes what, just in case we are in the market for anything, always better to keep it in the family if possible !!
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 11:39 AM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i don't see or have seen where you've been throwing down product plugs..

have you said something about being sponsered or a bussiness owner yes..

but you have been a active member of the board and not trying to sell anything..you post up your experiances fine -we all do it- about 95% of the active posters talk about what bait or company has what?...hello it IS fishing if it is working we talk about it...

i don't see the problem he has with it to be honest, and i have read nearly all your post..

zooker
Old 09-13-09, 01:09 PM   #4
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

don't be worried by people with absurd accusations!!!
Old 09-13-09, 02:34 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Donald, when you first joined, I noticed you posting the link to your site quite a bit. But we've talked in PM and I think worked everything out.

It's fine to post your site occasionally if you've really got something you want to show everbody. And I have no problem with people talking about a specific brand of lure or even one of their sponsors as they actually believe it is a good lure, and not just saying so because it's their sponsor. And I don't think you do that.

Like Zook said, you have been an active member and have been helpful to a lot of people on here. I really haven't seen you promoting products just to promote them because they sponsor you.

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 09-13-09 at 08:56 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 02:39 PM   #6
DonaldBreland

lol. Im here to help. That's all I have to say. Thank you guys so much. You are the ones that makes this site what it is.
Old 09-13-09, 04:03 PM   #7
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Dont worry donald , alot of my posts I mention a product seems to get deleted. I guess you cant like or recommend something that isnt a sponser of this site. I have even asked why and I never got a response.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 04:03 PM   #8
keithdog

Try not to worry about it Donald. Some folks are just too picky and easy to rub wrong. I'm surprised someone hasnt accused me of being a tackle rep for Cabelas, lol.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 04:17 PM   #9
Badfish
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Try not to worry about it Donald. Some folks are just too picky and easy to rub wrong. I'm surprised someone hasnt accused me of being a tackle rep for Cabelas, lol.

Dont worry, I'll get right on it....
Badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 09:25 PM   #10
brushhog

Donald, I'm too lazy to do any research, but my initial feelings about you were that you were plugging when you initially came aboard... a lot. I don't know if research would prove this or not, but that was what my gut said.

That being said, i feel you have "evolved" in to a productive board member. I don't suppose my opinion matters much, but there's my two cents...
Old 09-13-09, 09:34 PM   #11
DonaldBreland

brush hog your opinions do matter. If i didn't think they did then I wouldn't be a man. When I first came on board I was just receiving sponsorship and was excited about them. I am actually getting a chance to live out my dream. Wouldn't you be excited if it were you. After a couple weeks I calmed down and went back to what I truly was here for. To help people become better fishermen.
So to answer your question. Your opinion matters because I didnt come on here to rub any one the wrong way.
Old 09-13-09, 09:36 PM   #12
DonaldBreland

My first few posts:

08-10-09, 12:23 PM
Replies: 37
Braid on a baitcaster.
Views: 626
Posted By DonaldBreland
actually its not an oxymoron. All braids are not...

actually its not an oxymoron. All braids are not the same. so me saying that I don't like a certain brand line but I do like this brand is not an oxymoron. All braids are not created equal. Now if...
Forum: Message Boards 08-10-09, 10:52 AM
Replies: 57
22LBS.4oz
Views: 1,080
Posted By DonaldBreland
I don't know about fishing but I'm going to...

I don't know about fishing but I'm going to castaic for the strippers lol. j/k
Forum: Message Boards 08-10-09, 10:47 AM
Replies: 55
Legendary Lures...No Fish
Views: 634
Posted By DonaldBreland
Email me flippy. donaldbreland@gmail.com. I am...

Email me flippy. donaldbreland@gmail.com. I am from South Carolina as well. I would be glad to help you understand different baits and when to use them.

http://www.donaldbreland.com
Forum: New To Fishing 08-10-09, 01:02 AM
Braid on a baitcaster.
Posted By DonaldBreland
I know one thing. I do not like fire line or...

I know one thing. I do not like fire line or spider wire. Suffix and Stren make the best. I am looking for a good fluorocarbon though. any ideas
Forum: New To Fishing 08-10-09, 12:51 AM
Braid on a baitcaster.
Posted By DonaldBreland
I fished some the other day. I actually caught a...

I fished some the other day. I actually caught a very nice 6lb+ bass on it and I horse my fish in. I didn't have a problem. I did have a 5lber break me off on a concrete pipe though. I will say this...
Forum: New To Fishing 08-09-09, 11:33 PM
Braid on a baitcaster.
Posted By DonaldBreland
Your right about the stretch bassboss. suffix is...

Your right about the stretch bassboss. suffix is actually my second choice of line. I do like the superbraid over their braid though. You get mor fell with braided lines and more feel means more...
Forum: Message Boards 08-09-09, 10:36 PM
Legendary Lures...No Fish
Views: 634
Posted By DonaldBreland
My bait would have to be a spoon. I guess that's...

My bait would have to be a spoon. I guess that's because we have some shallow lakes around here. I might be able to help on the buss bait and the lip less crank bait though.
Yo-zuri makes a lip...
Forum: New To Fishing 08-09-09, 06:52 PM
Braid on a baitcaster.
Posted By DonaldBreland
Bigbassin144 I think suffix line sucks lol. I am...

Bigbassin144 I think suffix line sucks lol. I am just kidding. I like stren super braid because of the sensitivity. I feel better about when I get hooked up because I know the strength in the line....
Forum: New To Fishing 08-09-09, 04:11 PM
Stupid Questions to get out of the way.
Views: 1,163
Posted By DonaldBreland
Just kidding. But don't eat bass. bream is much...

Just kidding. But don't eat bass. bream is much better tasting
Forum: New To Fishing 08-09-09, 04:11 PM
Stupid Questions to get out of the way.
Views: 1,163
Posted By DonaldBreland
Just released yesterday. Eating Bass can cause a...

Just released yesterday. Eating Bass can cause a rare Cancer that can kill you. You should release all bass back into the water or relocate smaller bass to other waters.
Forum: New To Fishing 08-09-09, 04:05 PM
Braid on a baitcaster.
Posted By DonaldBreland
I use stren super braid on everything. When I...

I use stren super braid on everything. When I backlash they are never too bad where I cant fix without any kind of trick. I do not use any kind of sprays or crap like that. I think we over analyze...
Forum: Non-Fishing Related Talk 08-08-09, 06:32 AM
Replies: 15
Not proud to live in South Carolina
Views: 194
Posted By DonaldBreland
That's normal for us in South Carolina. And you...

That's normal for us in South Carolina. And you guys thought we went cow tippin. LoL. That was a weird story. But I am still proud to live in South Carolina.
"South Carolina Born and South Carolina...
Forum: New To Fishing 08-08-09, 06:28 AM
Replies: 21
Do these tips work?
Views: 617
Posted By DonaldBreland
You dont have to throw 7 thousand miles to catch...

You dont have to throw 7 thousand miles to catch a catfish. Normally what you are trying to do is fish with a stinky bait on the bottom. I would suggest that you take chicken livers and put them in...
Forum: Techniques, Strategy, Tactics & Tips 08-08-09, 06:16 AM
Replies: 27
I'm about to quit......
Views: 605
Posted By DonaldBreland
Its weird to see a bass on a bed in august in...

Its weird to see a bass on a bed in august in Florida. are you sure that they are on the beds or are they sitting next to trees and stuff like that. If they are on the beds which I can't see that,...
Forum: Bragging Board & Monkey Talk 08-08-09, 05:56 AM
Replies: 3
Cooper River Bass
Views: 131
Posted By DonaldBreland
Cooper River Bass

This is a fish I caught on a LockLizard (http://www.locklizard.net) Lure on the Cooper River in South Carolina. Pretty neat bait and catches nice fish. That was part of a 15lb day with 5.
Forum: Bragging Board & Monkey Talk 08-08-09, 05:42 AM
Replies: 16
Nemesis baits
Views: 261
Posted By DonaldBreland
Nice Looking Baits. can you make a bubblegum jig...

Nice Looking Baits. can you make a bubblegum jig with a chrome flash. Almost like the stuff you put on a Christmas tree.
Old 09-13-09, 09:37 PM   #13
brushhog

I hear you... nuff said.

Let's go back to talking fishin!
Old 09-13-09, 09:40 PM   #14
DonaldBreland

Oh I know what happened. When I caught a fish on a sponsors bait I posted pics on here with a link to their site. I've looked back at all my posts and I dont see where I truly was truly promoting products.
Old 09-14-09, 09:46 AM   #15
Kevin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBreland View Post
This is a copy of my last 9 posts. Apparently someone thinks I am on here just to promote products that sponsor me. I just wanted to show my last 9 posts and please check into all of them and see if I'm on here to help people out or to promote products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBreland View Post
Oh I know what happened. When I caught a fish on a sponsors bait I posted pics on here with a link to their site. I've looked back at all my posts and I dont see where I truly was truly promoting products.
Donald, what everyone doesn't realize, and apparently you haven't noticed, is that over the past week or two I've had to edit out promotional plugs and self-promotions in your posts. I didn't delete the posts in their entirety, but I've constantly had to delete lines from those posts where you tell people to go to websites and so forth. I figured maybe you'd notice and get the hint... I guessed wrong.

So when you try to show people your past couple posts to show them there isn't any self-promotion in them... the only reason there isn't is because I deleted those parts of your messages that were plugs.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 09:51 AM   #16
DonaldBreland

Why can you call me Kevin. If I was doping something wrong you should have pmed me. I think this whole thing is a crock of b.s. Your mad because someone pulled his add from this site.
I enjoyed this while it lasted. There is a bunch of guys on here that I like and respect and will miss their conversations. But If I can't talk about a product because I'm sponsored by them then I will take my conversations else where. Your only problem Kevin is that you fell into the money hungry ethics. If I'm not paying you then I cant say anything about my sponsors. Be a man and call me.
Old 09-14-09, 09:52 AM   #17
DonaldBreland

If you guys need me you know where to find me.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.