Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-09, 05:15 PM   #11
Kevin
Administrator

Exclamation

First, many thanks to WTL (Billy Love).

WTL's concerns align with my philosophy and with what I am trying to accomplish. Over the past 12 years I have kept other's self-promotions to a minimum for the benefit of our members.

WTL is right, it is my site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGRrod View Post
Here what you need to do take a poll from people here and if they think this is promoting like you think then I will never get on here again but if not drop it and leave it alone let other people have a say other than you.
There will be no poll. I make the decisions on BassFishin.Com.

Tim, I consider your post as promotion. This is a news release, of which the aim is to gain favorable attention and publicity for your company.

I routinely moderate these forums to deliberately expunge these marketing plugs so that our visitors aren't bogged down with unsolicited advertising.

I've had several conversations with Tim regarding this matter, and I thought it was behind us. He's testing my goodwill, of which I had shared a lot.

The forums, for the past day, have resulted in a lot of contention. It is for this very reason, that I monitor and prohibit self-promotion from NON-ADVERTISERS, especially considering the fact that we have a strict policy for paying advertisers to get our approval first before posting anything of the promotional nature.

Our advertisers are clearly informed of the policies regarding forum promotions for their products or services. They are clearly told, at the start of their advertising, the following:

"As an advertiser of BassFishin.Com, you have the privilege to occasionally post on the forums a promotional post about things like new products, specials sales, and so on. But, before you do so, you MUST call or email BassFishin.Com and request approval."

This policy is our way of controlling the promotional posts and making sure our members are not overwhelmed with routine promotions.

This has nothing to do with whether Tim is or was an advertiser on this site. And by the way, he is not and hasn't been since the end of last July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
...and that proves that it is a personal thing against Tim because he pulled his ad, which was just a business decision that he had to make because the ad didnt' sell him a single rod.
Kory, I'm shocked and very dissapointed. This has nothing to do with personal feelings and everything to do with our website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBreland View Post
Kevin has already sent me a p.m a couple of weeks ago and apparently he doesn't see me as promoting products on here.
Just to get the facts straight for everyone Donald, here is a copy for all to see of the private message/email sent to you on 9/01/09:

Hi Donald,

First off, let me welcome you to the BassFishin.Com forums!

I wanted to ask if you could refrain from promoting your sponsors, namely TigeRodz, within the forums. While we certainly wish to promote and encourage conversation about brands and products within relevant topics, it should only come across as organic within the thread, and not as a purpose-driven plug.

We appreciate your participation and contribution and look forward to your fellowship.

Thanks and take care,

Kevin Scarselli
BassFishin.Com

In the future, I will be deleting any unsolicited plugs. I feel I have more than justified the reasoning behind our policy.

Again, thank you WTL for looking out for the best interest of the website, forums and our visitors.

Best Regards,

Kevin Scarselli
BassFishin.Com

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.