Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-25-11, 11:17 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Bronze.

Man I just LOVE these fish, they fight so dadgum hard.

Me my dad and little brother went exploring a new trout/smallie spot. After continually running to high fast moving water in the Low Red River, we decided to hit the Upper Run River. Although I did catch a small bronze on a 3" Mimzo tube in the mouth at a keep on the Lower.

We find a really nice spot close to the road were Silky Creek runs into the Upper Red. A prime spot considering the creek has clearer water then the main river, making it attract fish due to all the rain.

Me and my brother went to the spot right at the mouth of the creek, and dad went further down river (I was using a 3" Mimzo tube, and the little bro had a night crawlers). When we first got in the bottom as really mucky, but reeds were growing all around. We fished the reeds well, but didn't catch any. We moved slightly down steam were I caught my first smallie. A small one, but it fought hard. A few casts later I hook it a beast (they're all beasts, lol). After about 5 minuets of an amzing fight, full if runs, and jumps I net it, take the tube out, measure it, and let it go! It went about 3lbs according to the golden rule ruler, and is my PB so far! Next cast I land another 16", next cast one about 15. Four casts.. four fish!

My little brother gets tiered of watching me catch these amazing fish, and puts himself on a tube. First cast with it he lands his first ever smallie.. around 14 inches!

We try to wade on, but the water's to deep and we can't get any further. So we get out to see how my dad is going.. He says he's doing nothing but loosing lures, and since the water is to deep in most areas to wade to far, we decide to call it a day.

All things considered I had an awesome day, I caught my PB smallie, and I got to watch my little bro catch his fiist! I just wish the conditions would have allowed us to fish a little more of the river. And who know's how many bronze backs we would have caught if it wasn't for that.

Sorry about not having pics guys, but it's kinda hard to have a camera with you when you're up to your chest in water.
Old 06-26-11, 10:24 AM   #2
keithdog

Thats an excellent read. Congrats on your fine day of fishin and your PB smallie!!!
Old 06-26-11, 04:03 PM   #3
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Congrats on the small jaws.... Mizmo sure does make a great product!

Ryan
Old 06-26-11, 09:43 PM   #4
Bassboss

Went looking around for some more spots today.. we found out we were fishing on the indian reservation yesterday! So I guess we can't go their again. But we found some places around the same area that look good. Hopefully we'll be able to pull some small jaws form there.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.