Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-12, 12:52 PM   #11
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
USMC, it does my heart good to hear you say that, and I hope guys like you make up the vast majority of our armed forces.

However, as you mentioned about Katrina, there are still some bad apples in there, who will not simply tell the CO to go to stone cold hell when given an order like that. Those are the people I worry about. Ruby Ridge type stuff.

I really appreciate the advice on the 80% lowers. I may go that route. Any trouble finding ammo? I am finding a LOT of it out of stock.
If they don't they need to do a gut check or GTFO! That is where we can only hope the strong and effective leaders come in to play and remind the young warriors of their oath.

There will always be those who are scared of military law. I was for years (granted I can promise ya I would have never followed an order like that), again, though it is on us as leaders of Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen to educate them.

The only thing we can hope and pray for is those who we go to jail for because we opposed the unlawful order to gun grab that they in turn (while fighting for their gun rights) fight for us to be released! LOL...

I haven't been specifically looking for ammo, but I do know there is a huge shortage of it everywhere just as there are AR parts. I've seen MAGPUL PMAG's (just one) selling for over 100 bucks on eBay.

The local place (aresarmor.com) that's sells the 80%'ers is taking orders now for delivery in May/June. If you want to go that route I'd get on it soon as I assume it's like that everywhere. Stag Arms had lowers in stock for a while (just as of 2 or 3 days ago), then sold out and are saying up to 12 months to fill all orders
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.