Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-06-08, 12:02 AM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Weird Day at the pond

Made it out to my local pond today. Hadn't made it out in a little bit due to work. Water is down about 2 foot. Doesn't sound like too much, but the water is only 12 foot at the deepest point. I had never seen the fish as spooked as they were today. Every cast, sent fish jumping out of the water to get to the tullies. (literally)
About an hour into the morning I heard the screech and looked up to find out that two osprey have made one of the tress their home. The property owner came out around 10 and told me he has been finding parts of bass spread across the shore every day. I guess I know understand why the bass are on edge. I did manage to catch a few with a T-rigged 8" worms. Had to practically dead stick them to get a bite.
Saw the osprey make two dives into the water. One of which got him/her a dink.
I am not overly fond of seeing the bass get killed, but I figure it is nature.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.