Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 07-20-09, 08:39 PM   #26
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Sweet! Cruisin right along on it eh? Lookin good bama!
Old 07-20-09, 10:08 PM   #27
carolina-rig-01

the house is looking great buddy. i am real happy for you and lisa.
Old 07-20-09, 10:14 PM   #28
Stew
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
Good one.

But bamma being a fisherman, I think it'd be closer to the water.....

That house would have a constant housemate:

Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-09, 11:17 PM   #29
bamabassman

thank you rodman rat. one of these days i gotta take a puter scourse and learn how to do that. again, thank you so very much. and thank you gang, sanded more beams today, 3 left to do. they will hang in the main area of the house (great room, dining and kitchen area). there will be 3 upside down T's if you understand what i mean. we are told we have 5 more weeks and we can move in. hahaha, i told lisa that we weren't going to know what to do with all that room,lmao. right now we are dodging each other getting back and forth in the camper, hahahaha. we'll lose each other in the new digs. hhhmmmmm, maybe that is what she is wanting? hahaahhahahahahaha.
by the way the front poarch is 8 by 25 feet, back poarch is 10 by 62 feet, vaulted ceiling in the great room and kitchen,dining room. all that area is open. master bedroom and bath is to the left of the front door, 3 bedrroms (one will be my office) and another bath is to the right of the front door.
again, i can't tell ya'll how impressed i am with the quality of the work done by my friend chris youngblood, dwayne,lance, fernando,armando,erick, juan, tony and his son. there are others that i don't know there names cause they were gone when i got home from work. these guys are great people. thank you BOB SMITH for introducing lisa and i to them at the first get together. great friends are hard to come by. and these are just a few i have met through this site. so thank you KEVIN for having such a fantastic site. it has truly helped me and lisa in our lives.

Last edited by bamabassman; 07-20-09 at 11:25 PM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-09, 08:43 AM   #30
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That looks very nice, John. And coming along quick, too. When's the housewarming party?
Old 07-21-09, 10:53 PM   #31
bamabassman

move in "should" be sept 1 or so. house warming is hopefully sept 5th. hahahaha during the alabama/va tech game. sound like a plan? we'll work on it.
Old 07-21-09, 11:27 PM   #32
nofearengineer

Bama...your new house is looking awesome, pal. I'm definitely jealous.
Old 07-22-09, 03:09 AM   #33
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
move in "should" be sept 1 or so. house warming is hopefully sept 5th. hahahaha during the alabama/va tech game. sound like a plan? we'll work on it.
You don't want to ruin your house warming plans!!!!
Old 07-22-09, 07:47 AM   #34
Crank-Bait-Frank
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Beautiful house, John and Lisa. That is one nice big back porch!
Old 07-22-09, 09:39 AM   #35
Bassboss

Dang bama, that's a sweet looking house! I love that back porch! You should dig a lake in the back!

Boss

Last edited by Bassboss; 07-22-09 at 10:19 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 07:39 PM   #36
bamabassman

boss, that back poarch is 10 feet out and 62 feet long. as for the pond. we are on top of a mountain. ain't no water up here cept rain water. would havta dig a really big hole (around 300 ft) just to find water out of a well. hahahahahaha. besides, i am 15 minutes from weiss lake and 45 minutes from guntersville lake.
Old 07-23-09, 01:44 PM   #37
Bob Smith

Thumbs up

WTG, John and Lisa. Looks like Chris and crew got them siding boards lined right pretty fer ya! ya even has one of them tar and rock roofs on there so ya can't really hears the rain so much (when it rains like a cow peeing on a flat rock). Does ya have some of that indoor plummin too? Gosh durn it all, I r kinda jealous!

(congrats, Bubba, it is looking great!!)
Old 07-23-09, 06:25 PM   #38
Bassboss

Quote:
boss, that back poarch is 10 feet out and 62 feet long. as for the pond. we are on top of a mountain. ain't no water up here cept rain water. would havta dig a really big hole (around 300 ft) just to find water out of a well. hahahahahaha. besides, i am 15 minutes from weiss lake and 45 minutes from guntersville lake.
Sweet! I like mountains! Have fun fishing...... when every you get around to fishing again!
Old 07-23-09, 11:14 PM   #39
bamabassman

hahahaha, thanks bobber. yea we gots the out house indide dis time. fesh corn cobs instead of paper though sears catalog is too expensive now. and we don't get the newspaper but twiced a wee now. can't use pine needles either. no oak trees around cuz we cut em down fer the heater in winter.
seriously though bob..........chris and the rest of his crew are excellent. they really care about their quality of work. fernando is a great craftsman. and i like that very much. when you come and see it in person.....i got a story to tell ya.
Old 07-24-09, 07:58 AM   #40
Bob Smith

Quote:
hahahaha, thanks bobber. yea we gots the out house indide dis time. fesh corn cobs instead of paper though sears catalog is too expensive now. and we don't get the newspaper but twiced a wee now. can't use pine needles either. no oak trees around cuz we cut em down fer the heater in winter.
seriously though bob..........chris and the rest of his crew are excellent. they really care about their quality of work. fernando is a great craftsman. and i like that very much. when you come and see it in person.....i got a story to tell ya.

Won't be long, I may slip up there one day next week since I am taking some vacation time.
Old 07-24-09, 10:46 AM   #41
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
That house would have a constant housemate:

Not to mention the moccosins.

Nice lookin house Bamma! Man it don't take em long to throw one up once they get started. Of course it might not seem that fast to you. lol
Old 07-25-09, 08:20 AM   #42
bamabassman

lol, thanks stick. yea.... after 6 weeks in a camper things seem kinda slow. you look over and you see it there, loos like you could move in since they got the roof on now. and the all the doors are in. waiting on 2 windows now. then we got to do insulation, sheetrock, kitchen, baths............man we got a lot left to do huh? hahahahahaha.

FOUR MORE WEEKS........................................ i hope.
Old 07-25-09, 01:01 PM   #43
woody

Remember Bama not to "cut any corners" so to speak, in trying to speed up the move in date.

I am very happy for the two of you, you deserve it!

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 11:34 PM   #44
bamabassman

thanks mark. no.........not a single corner is being cut. these guys of chris's are VERY picky about their work. lol, theystarted the railings around the poarches right? wellllll, lisa wanted the top rail lower so that when she sat in a chair she could see with out having to raise up out of her chair. they really didn't want to lower the top rail cause it violated the general code. but after we had 5 people tell them that there wasn't a code in our area (county), they lowered the railings. only lowered it 5 inches. you really can't tell by looking at it.
Old 07-25-09, 11:49 PM   #45
nofearengineer

Quote:
thanks mark. no.........not a single corner is being cut. these guys of chris's are VERY picky about their work. lol, theystarted the railings around the poarches right? wellllll, lisa wanted the top rail lower so that when she sat in a chair she could see with out having to raise up out of her chair. they really didn't want to lower the top rail cause it violated the general code. but after we had 5 people tell them that there wasn't a code in our area (county), they lowered the railings. only lowered it 5 inches. you really can't tell by looking at it.
Good for you, Bama! I really hate codes like that. I was watching that one show, Little People (?), with the dwarf couple...and they were putting a new deck on their house, and the local inspector was being a hard *** about the height of their railing too. Like one of them was going to fall over a shorter rail...right.....heck, they couldn't even see over the code-required railing standing up!
Old 08-12-09, 11:15 PM   #46
bamabassman

just a bump to say that we are now about to paint. inside first,lol. that way we can possibly move in while we paint the outside. all the sheetrock is finished and ready for the color. lisa is gonna take more pics she said. i will try to post them. can't really tell anything about the outside cause of no paint. but things are going so good, like a swiss watch.
i have to say this again. the builder; CHRIS YOUNGBLOOD and his partner DEWAYNE. are two of the BEST PEOPLE i have EVER been associated with. these guys are just fantastic. if anyone is in my area or near cartersville ga, and want to build a house. i challenge you to find a better contractor. i mean this. lisa and i are so thankful for chris and his partner that we can't find the words to describe in mere words. we will most likely be moved in within 3 weeks now. now that is not a long time to build a house which is 1984 square feet. thank you bob smith again for bringing chris to the first get together, we never would have met chris if not for you bud. and to top it off chris is gonna take me fishing with him in his rig on weiss and teach me how to fish weiss lake. how in the world can i EVER repay him? i mean it gang. this guy is that great. some of you know that i tend to get emotional, but i can't help it when things like this happens ya know. i ain't scared to say it, i love this guy. he is one of the reasons i have such hope for the world. if more people acted the way chris has acted and treated lisa and i, the world would be a fantastic place.
so CHRIS AND DEWAYNE, if we can ever get you two to join the site. you will be able to tell how much lisa and i appreciate you guys. we can't wait to move into our new wonderful home. and we brag about it to everyone we talk to.
and remember gang, if YOU want a quality built home, call me and i will get you in touch with chris and dewayne. you won't be dissapointed.
Old 08-13-09, 12:09 AM   #47
bcklash

Can't wait to see some pictures. I know you and Lisa are getting excited.
Old 08-13-09, 11:56 AM   #48
Bob Smith

When Chris gets you in that Skeeter get ready for the pucker factor to kick in. That Series II Yammy 250 will fly! Chris is a pretty good angler on Weiss so he'll get you on some fish too.
Old 08-13-09, 02:42 PM   #49
WTL

Hold on, hold on... I thought you were building it? With your own bare hands? From timber cleared from the lot and only shaped with handtools?
Old 08-13-09, 04:31 PM   #50
JB

I've seen the house and its awesome! super nice
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.