Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-12, 12:42 AM   #1
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Happy Birthday JoeDog

Happy birthday JoeDog
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 12:43 AM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

HBD JoeDog!
Old 08-05-12, 01:06 AM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Happy Birthday Joe!! I hope you have a great day buddy!!
Old 08-05-12, 01:58 AM   #4
nofearengineer

Enjoy your birthday, buddy!
Old 08-05-12, 04:44 AM   #5
kennethdaysale

Happy Birthday Joe I hope your twitchin a frog through the pads right now!

Btw did you know that many species of fresh water mussells live well into their 50's? I'm guessing you are far superiour to mollusks and have found favor with God!
Old 08-05-12, 06:47 AM   #6
bcklash

HBD Joe Hope you have a good one
Old 08-05-12, 06:59 AM   #7
keithdog

Have a great birthday Joe. Hope you get to velebrate by wetting a line.
Old 08-05-12, 07:22 AM   #8
lilmule

You lucky dog made it another year I see,keep it up.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 08:04 AM   #9
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Happy Birthday Joe!!! Hope you have a good'un!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 08:20 AM   #10
bamabassman

happy birthday joe. hope oyu have a wonderful day pal.
Old 08-05-12, 10:15 AM   #11
joedog

Default A great morning in 'JOEY'S WORLD'

Man the wishes REALLY TRUELY brighten my day.
Your actions are really part of what makes this day special, to me anyways.
I know it's probably not proper to post early in a thread addressed to you but YOU GOT TO HEAR THIS ONE!
But be warned, it's probably way to long but you really need to be in 'my head' to truely get the humor to all this. So if your in a hurry, come back and check it out.
Typical, yes typical, JOE getting in the way of JOE.
So I get up and do my beloved testing and as usual I'm going fishing after.
Now like the crazed angler that I am a check to see if there's a post that may let me tweak something I'm planning on using today.
I see the Birthday wish thread and figure why tweak when I can just bask in well wishes aimed at me. I mean come on, something aimed at me without 'bleeped' words is always a great EGO BOOST.
So I get carried away PMing one of everyones friends on a question he had that I am extremely late in responding to. Now I got this thing about if I'm not on the water with pole in hand by the time I hear that very first bird chirp...I'M LATE!
So I'm sitting at the computer and I hear a chirp.
Now I'm racing to get to the water.
Getting everything set...over and over because my minds just racing and in the middle of doing one thing my mind is already on to the next with out paying attention to what I'm actually doing, hence I'm REPEATING alot of steps. Maybe some of you have been there.
So I'm ready and low and behold I remember that in all my 'basking' I never checked my sugars. No problem, guick poke and a smear and I'm on my way.
Except....the sugars are at 53. (Now this is the real boring part but I think it's important. Sugars are supposed run at 100-120 and your pancreas puts out insulin to make sure this happens. I don't have a working pancreas so I 'BANG' up my insulin. So instead of my pancrease keeping up with my intake....I have to make sure my intake keeps up with the insulin. Hope that makes sense to you. Now a normal person really can't function at 53 and most would already be out cold. Now one time I was at the Doc's and when I left I checked my sugars in my car and I was 36 and my Doc didn't even notice any abnormal activity. In other words...he didn't know I was low enough to be OUT COLD cause I can still function...pretty well. So please don't jump on the 'you got to take better care of yourself' band wagon because I really put alot of time and effert in doing JUST THAT!)
So times a wasting and remember low sugars REALLY mess with your mind. So I grab a bag of cherries and jump in the car....I'm only going like 5 miles and then I'll eat the cherries and fish...PERFECT PLAN!
Ya right. You probably know where this is headed.
So I get to the water and pop the trunk to choose which poles to carry. My minds racing and I fluking can't make up my mind.....I'm actually pulling out poles...then changing my mind and switching poles. Finally the confusion gets the best of me and I should mention that after your mind your emotions are effected next by insulin and low sugars. You get flustered and anger VERY easy. So I get pissed and ELECT to TAKE THEM ALL....SEVEN!
So I grab the bundle and I'll be da^^ed if I don't hook a popper in the sweater I'm wearing. No problem I'll get to the pier and disengage the treble. Ya you guessed it, by the time I get to the pier I now have TWO trebles engaged and yes my tools are in the TRUNK. Come on....seven poles, who's got room to grab the important stuff? So hooks engaged and pole in hand...back to the car I go. The hook removal was way to much thinking so out comes the knife and two LARGE holes later...the hooks are removed and now I can concentrate on the important things in life, FISHING.
So I'm trying to decide which pole to start with...same fluking problem I had at the car. My minds a racing now because the birds are now ALL chirping I've yet to get a lure in the water. So I decide I got them all lined up on the pier I'll just start at the first pole and work my way through them one at at a time. Good plan right?
My minds a racing and the thoughts are getting more jumbled by the minute.
Ya I haven't had time yet to eat the cherries.
So I'm casting and before the lure can even hit the water my minds on to which lure to toss next. My minds really racing now and it's really taking some effert to keep up with it. But if I can think I still must have time before I got to walk ALLTHE WAY BACK TO THE CAR and eat the cherries, I mean the cars like 40 FEET AWAY! And the birds keep chirping away and my minds a racing. I'm tossing lures AT LEAST THREE TIMES before I switch to the next.
Now again my minds just racing and I actually start to smile to myself because I realize whats happening and all I got to do is eat the cherries and challenges elliminated! ........But if my mind is clear enough to realize this it must mean I still got time before I have to make that LONG walk to the car.
I'm telling you low sugars make good decisions really kind of hard but the ideas you do come up with seem to make so much sense and feel like VERY WISE DECISIONS.
Now I'm power fishing every lure I throw, not tecnique smart power fishing, I'm talking little kid power fishing, get that lure back as fast as you can so you can throw it again, although in my case it was so I could switch lures.

So the good thing is that after the original low sugar realization comes to me usually my mind will slow and allow somewhat normal thought speed and finally I elect to go eat the CHERRIES.

Now's where it gets really funny.
I always harp to new anglers how insane it is to leave a lure in the water with an unmanned pole. Good way to loose a fish and a pole. Now earlier in my escapades I was throwing a popper when I fish jumped behind and I quickly dropped the popper pole and tossed a jig to the splash. No success, actually I didn't even get a teaser trailer nibble so far all day. With my mind set I forgot all about the popper in the water and the pole laying on the pier.

Ya you guessed it.....fluking fish pops up and takes the popper. Now I'm walking back from the car and my cherry fix when this happens.
Guess what happened next..............WRONG. I left the bail open on the popper pole so the line just got unspooled and with my new found 'CLARITY' allowed me to get to the pier and get the fish in. I didn't wiegh or measure but it was probably 16 plus and 2-2.5 pounder.
I finally made a good decision and decided the best idea would be go home and regroup and refuel and continue on with another day in "JOEY'S WORLD"
Old 08-05-12, 10:16 AM   #12
bassboogieman

Quote:
Happy Birthday Joe I hope your twitchin a frog through the pads right now!
Well I hope you're twichin' SOMETHING this morning...... Happy Birthday. Save me a piece.......................... Cake, man, I meant cake.

Ok, we posted at the same time and I didn't get to read your post Joe - but with your mind all in a tizzy, How In The He!! did you remember all that?

Last edited by bassboogieman; 08-05-12 at 10:23 AM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 10:27 AM   #13
nobass

lmao happy b day joe .
Old 08-05-12, 11:34 AM   #14
bassinbob

Happy birthday Joe.
Old 08-05-12, 11:40 AM   #15
WaffleJaw

Happy Birthday Joe....
Old 08-05-12, 12:24 PM   #16
nofearengineer

From the way your post is composed, I think your sugars were a little off while writing it too.

Stay healthy, buddy.
Old 08-05-12, 01:15 PM   #17
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
From the way your post is composed, I think your sugars were a little off while writing it too.

Stay healthy, buddy.
Very good NFE, they were 46 after posting and eating.
I AM VERY IMPRESSED. YOU ARE VERY OBSERVANT.
Old 08-05-12, 01:27 PM   #18
Jrob78

Good grief Joe, that sounds a little like an account of the onset of a mushroom trip.

I'm totally jealous, you had a sweater on?? Seriously though, I'm glad you got out and did some fishing on your birthday. I hope the rest of your day is just as great, although maybe a little less scattered.
Old 08-05-12, 05:03 PM   #19
woody

Happy Birthday Joe!

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 05:34 PM   #20
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Happy birthday buddy.
Old 08-05-12, 10:59 PM   #21
joedog

Hey I truely do want to thank everyone for the well wishes and kind thoughts.
With your help I had a great day!

Hey Jrob thats really funny....The very first insulin reaction I had at a place I worked in college the manager just like freaked out and I remember him like trying to force this massive amount of orange down me and I kept walking away from him saying, "hey leave me alone, I'm just having a flashback from my high school days and I'm really trying to enjoy it."

My co-workers said they never laughed so hard in all thier lives. I guess the manager just like totally freaked and had no clue on what to do with me so he called security who happened to be a buddy of mine and he got me focused and I did my juice thing and the night went on just fine.

You see I learned to laugh at myself at a very young age ....I mean come on once you get over that this crap could possibly be detremental to me it really IS kind of funny stuff.
It just bums me out that alot times I'm a little confused so I hear the tales second hand but really some of this stuff would make for good TV.

Hey thanks again everyone and;

If you can't laugh at yourself....laugh at ME!
Old 08-05-12, 11:04 PM   #22
MississippiBoy

Man, almost missed it. Happy birthday, Sir Joe. Hopefully it ended better than it started....
Old 08-05-12, 11:18 PM   #23
WatterBoy

Hey joedog, sorry I almost missed it, but hope you had a great day!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.