Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-14, 03:05 AM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Finally something worth reporting

Weatherman was forecasting 25mph winds today and Mother Nature did not disappoint. So I decided to just stay close to home and put the jonboat in a public pond and see if anything was happening. Water was very muddy and cold, not the best conditions for sure. The wind was immediately shoving my light little 12 footer around but I was also immediately greeted by hungry fish I mainly threw one of my bladed jigs and they were loving it. Several of them slack lined me on the strike and I had to crank like crazy just to catch up to them. They were all pulling really hard and as hard as they were hitting each one made me think I had a monster.

Homemade finesse jig got in on some action

Caught this one off a willow branch that was hanging in the water

In the shallow water I didn't figure there'd be another on that limb, I was wrong. Next cast back was immediately greeted by another slack line bite and bulldog fight. Biggest fish of the day (and the year so far) went 19 1/4" and 4lbs 6ozs.

Anyone who doesn't think bladed jigs are effective in cold water needs to rethink that. Our water temps are in the high 40's at best after 2 nights in the low 20's and highs in the mid 40's when the water temps were only 45 last week. Just check out how red this fish's teeth still are!

Right before I left I got a little guy on one of my double jointed bladed jigs.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.