Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-05-08, 03:13 PM   #51
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Right now, I would only be able to go to a lake in Alabama and even that is questionable. Maybe if our finances work out.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 03:18 PM   #52
MississippiBoy

Looks like Kentucky Lake is about 6 hours or so for me. I could swing that.

Add me to the list, WTL.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 03:18 PM   #53
woody

JB, if you want we can carpool
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 03:18 PM   #54
BassinBrits
BassFishin.Com Member

The two of us would like to meet y'all and join in if it's before April 1st, when we return to the uk.
Old 12-05-08, 04:41 PM   #55
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

As for right now, count us in, BB and kingfish. Kentucky is more feasably than MO, but I should have my driver's liscence by then even if my dad doesn't want to go.

BB
Old 12-05-08, 04:45 PM   #56
WTL

WTL
JB
Bassinbandit?....
Woody
MississippiBoy - BTW, I might could swing by Mississippi and pick you up if you put in for gas
BassinBrits (if before April??)
BigBassin144
Kingfish
Bamabassman

Last edited by WTL; 12-05-08 at 10:01 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:06 PM   #57
JB

Heres the place my club and all my buddies at work stay, its big bear lodge. on the left you can check out the camping and everything else. Big Bear creek is a Huge body of water, just like every cove on ky ...one side of ky lake is all natural, the other has coves with houses, driveway ramps to the water, and docks..also there are marked brush piles that hold bass.
Check out the pics on this link, every time I've gone in spring the crappies are all this size, and plenty of them.
click here

ky lake bass fishing is as tough as any lake, ya have to work for them, but a nice fish is always possible on every cast.
If the big lake intimidates you, the coves are so huge you can spend an entire week fishing them alone. Some have weed beds, lots have pea gravel and lots of structure..I am sure some on the forum will chime in that have fished it..it goes from SW kentucky well into western tenn.
They sell license at the marinas and at the BP in benton.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 09:34 PM   #58
Bob Smith

I lieved in Tennessee for three years (1989 through the end of 1991) and fished Kentucky lake and Lake Barkley several times. They are a blast! Kentucky lake is best in June (IMHO). A number of great patterns going at the same time in June!
Old 12-05-08, 09:38 PM   #59
bamabassman

so..... the place is set huh? alright how about the exact date. i heard april, but when? and is it gonna be cold? how long a drive is it for me gang? get this all started and cause i am wanting to go as well. ask KEVIN to come too now. we gotta get his rear end here for this one gang. and did see that zooker was interested? the more the better now gang. f&g, if my wife doesn't want to go, i can meet up with you and we can ride together, interested? yes if i can go i plan on bringing my boat. i can have 2 with me in it.

one more thing gang. we need a list of what to bring and such as well. things like cooking stuff, who brings what and who is gonna be the person(s) in charge of this. rooms availiablity and such.

so i guess i am asking who is in charge and what is needed. i can bring a few things as some of you know. so tell me what to bring when we get closer and i know for sure whether i can go.

i like this idea. this is what i wanted to see happen gang. kevin will be proud of us all if we can continue this as much as we can. i know that things are getting tight with everyone. but we can do this if we ALL work together. i applaud ya'll all. and i am getting very EXCITED too!!! hahahaha. give us something to look forward to this winter.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 10:01 PM   #60
WTL

The date setting is gonna take some real vetting. Too early, and you got school. May has graduations. June has weddings. I think the weather would be best in June, but others need to chime in. Kevin better come, haha.
Old 12-05-08, 10:07 PM   #61
Jim80

If I can work it out I'll go , just gotta see were the money lays around that time , and it'll be a hell of a drive from CT . I gotta get you guys up this way at some point or another .

Jim
Old 12-05-08, 10:35 PM   #62
crankybait

If only it was anywhere close to Jersey... have fun guys, catch a bigun for me
Old 12-05-08, 11:28 PM   #63
Jim80

Hey cranky we should try to get the guys near us together , we are all within a few hours of each other .

Jim
Old 12-05-08, 11:46 PM   #64
chubs
BassFishin.Com Active Member

March,April, and before May 24th after that it gets a little tight on time!
chubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 01:40 AM   #65
MIbasser

If I could talk Bender into going, I might be up for it. However between club tournaments and fishing Michigan B.A.S.S. this year I don't know how many days I'll have available. Once a couple of dates are picked I'll let ya'll know.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 08:40 AM   #66
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i don't know exactly where ya'll are thinking of staying around ky lake, but i checked miles from my place to lake city, which is on the north end, and i think it may be do-able for me. 425 miles, roughly 7 hrs. this is sounding as central as we can make it.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 04:42 PM   #67
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

It's about 520 miles from Toledo, OH to Murray KY, which is west of KY Lake. about and 8 hour drive. Not the longest we've driven to fish, that'd be Guntersville.

So if timing and money is right next year, we're in.Also, late may and early june would be best I think. Most kids are out of school by then, and the fishing should be good that time of year.

BB
Old 12-06-08, 04:55 PM   #68
JB

BB
yer like 2 - 3 hours north of us and I've seen guys take anywhere from 5 1/2 hours to 7 to get to the lake.
Some go to Ky to louisville and take a parkway, I almost always have gone 70 west to terre haute and then drop down to ky, my relatives on both sides of the family grew up there, about 45 minutes east of barkley
Definitely going 70 west to terre haute is the easiest pulling if you have a boat, the other ways are hillier

Also I talked to Denny K and he's wanting to go too...so maybe anyone that wants to go along I-70 to the ind/ohio border they can hook up with us, we live 7 miles south of the interstate, plus we can go to woodys in indy and take it from there..
With gas at 1.70 this trip is going to be alot more affordable..
I think camping is 21-35 a nite, plus I wouldn't be surprised if their is either free launching or a small fee, plus getting a temp ky license.

Zooker, ya going?
Old 12-06-08, 05:34 PM   #69
lowrider

jb, i just looked at the resort you linked. i vote yes for that place. so is camping the thing everybody will do? right time of year and an air matress it shouldn't be too bad.

as far as fees, ky daily permit is $10 or 7 days for $30. couldn't find anything on resorts page about ramp fees so maybe there aren't any. now if you want to rent a marina slip thats gonna cost, of course.
Old 12-06-08, 05:41 PM   #70
JB

lowrider,
My club rented out that log cabin (#40) for 7 years, and we have rented the townhouses in front of the ramp at the marina, but I'd take 21 guys and we'd split the 1200 a week fee.
So ever since all the guys just camp there in warmer weather, that redman tourney in early spring meant chilly nights.

When we first went to that area it had old style cabins, and the last 20 years they have really upgraded the place bigtime. Plus a ton more houses on the lake with lots to flip/pitch at.
Old 12-06-08, 05:51 PM   #71
lowrider

i was lookin at some of the rates. not too bad really. but whatever the gang is doing is fine with me. easier to sit around the fire and b.s. if we're all camping around each other.

it's a habit to check accomidations and prices cause when me and the wife travel on the bike...camping is OUT of the question.
Old 12-06-08, 06:13 PM   #72
crankybait

check yer PMs jim
Old 12-06-08, 06:35 PM   #73
woody

As far as picking a time to go, I'm open to whenever it's best for all of us.
If it does happen to be on Memorial Day Weekend we had better reserve a place now, thats if its not already booked up, super busy holiday weekend. Like I said, I am for, whatever is best for all of us. Just as Bama said the "the more the merrier"
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 06:44 PM   #74
bamabassman

who is in charge of this? who is gonna take on the job as leader? anyone? com on gang.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-08, 07:33 PM   #75
JB

i elect bama, ya did a fine job last time

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.