Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 10-19-05, 08:02 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default New scent

Gotta idea for a new scent and the only thing I havent got figured out yet is what to use for the base of the scent. Dont want to waste alot of money on the base cause the actual scent cost enough as it is. Does anybody have a idea what I can use to for the base to make it THICK. I've already used the concentrate that I have made up and gotta say ......Scoot over Berkly power bait,cause Eagle scent is here. Fish bite and they fight to get at it. Thought about using vaseline for the base but vaseline has a odor itself. Anyone got any ideas??????
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 10:23 AM   #2
Rodman_Rob

cooking spray?
Old 10-19-05, 01:00 PM   #3
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Look At Your Pm.
Old 10-19-05, 04:36 PM   #4
Fish On
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Fish On

Flour. Love to know your sent but I guess that is going to be your secret.
Old 10-19-05, 10:22 PM   #5
KH.

pthhhhhh,im not helping,unless you send me a sample,and more and more and more!!!!!@@@@@
Old 10-20-05, 07:40 AM   #6
Mac1

I'd consider a simple water base.......treat your lures in the resealable baggies, mush them about a bit in the scent and then with the baggies closed, float them on a bucket of hot tapwater for 20 minutes. They will take on the scent. I do this with my garlic powder and salt mixed in warm water.......they keep the smell, even after the water dries in the pack.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 09:47 AM   #7
1FASTLASER

Never thought about the warm water trick Mac. Have to give it a try. There is actualy three different ingredients in my formula and 2 of them are apparent as soon as you smell it but the third will have to stay secret. I dont have any problem at all with sending out samples to the guys here as soon as I get this last little issue worked out. The scent already works very well being sprayed on but what I am trying to acheive is a paste that can be applied to a hardbait inorder to solve the old problem of every thirty or so casts reapplying not only resulting in a few more casts per day but also when retrieiving a lure actually leaving not only a slightly visable (due to the oils used) trail and a much more concentrated scent trail (easier for a bass to home in on). I am sure alot of you have used Smelly Jelly. That is the form of scent I am trying to obtain. The main difference between everyone else and mine is the third ingredient.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 07:33 PM   #8
rangerryan

what about glycerine or sure-jell.... that would make it nice and thick with out changing the scent but im not sure how well it would adhere to a hard bait.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 07:44 PM   #9
Fishbear

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryan View Post
what about glycerine or sure-jell.... that would make it nice and thick with out changing the scent but im not sure how well it would adhere to a hard bait.

X2 vaseline or some variation would make it stay on the bait better, and longer. I currently use this method with my liquid attractants. Mix it up in a small plastic container or large pill bottle. Anything that seals.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.