Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-08, 07:19 PM   #1
Buckeyefishing
BassFishin.Com Member

Post Strangest experience on the water

With so much fishing experience represented on this site and so many years of fishing
some of you have probably had some strange experiences on the water. One of mine was a nightime fishing adventure with my fishing buddy Chet. On a moonlit night about 2:00am
something that made a strange whirling sound(something you might hear in a sci -fi movie)
flew directly over us. When we looked up there was nothing there but the sound continued
until it moved away from us. We told eachother that nobody will believe this when we tell them about it but Chet and I experienced it. I never believed in ufo's but that experience made us wonder. Do you guys have a story to tell ? I think we would enjoy hearing it.
Buckeyefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-08, 07:21 PM   #2
Buckeyefishing
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyefishing View Post
With so much fishing experience represented on this site and so many years of fishing
some of you have probably had some strange experiences on the water. One of mine was a nightime fishing adventure with my fishing buddy Chet. On a moonlit night about 2:00am
something that made a strange whirling sound(something you might hear in a sci -fi movie)
flew directly over us. When we looked up there was nothing there but the sound continued
until it moved away from us. We told eachother that nobody will believe this when we tell them about it but Chet and I experienced it. I never believed in ufo's but that experience made us wonder. Do you guys have a story to tell ? I think we would enjoy hearing it.
The trouble with being a good sport is that you have to lose to prove it.
Old 04-13-08, 07:32 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

this may be a LONG multi post thread for me.

was fishing near the dam in highrock when a b1 decided to do a low level bombing run.

do ya have ANY idea how dam big an loud those things are?? he could not have been much over 50 feet off the water. the water was shakin.. i have seen them but not THAT close up.. sounded like a train at first comin up the valley..

zooker
Old 04-13-08, 07:36 PM   #4
JB

we have those jets fly over brookville lake all the time, sometimes they go upside down and fly about 300 yards above the water, ya can see the pilot pretty clear..its freaky and loud as hell

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-08, 08:02 PM   #5
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

lol.. that pic is good JB, imagine getting hung on one of those while casting. Talk about a "the big one that got away" story. How bout the one that yanked my buddy right up out of the boat. "One minute we was talkin' junk then i turned around and he was gone. Called me that evening said he was being iterigated for trying to steal military secrets, and possable terrorisom!'
hahahaha...
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-08, 09:26 PM   #6
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

And you guys are annoyed by the jet-skiers!

BB
Old 04-13-08, 10:03 PM   #7
WTL

I was fishing tiger creek which runs from lake Kissimmee to tiger lake with my dad when I was still in highschool.

We turned a bend and around it comes this guy flipping grass with a flyrod, wearing nothing but leopard skin thong underwear.

We passed him without saying a word, and when we got out of hearing distance I turned around to my dad and said "thats the gayest son of a ***** I think I've ever seen".
Old 04-13-08, 10:13 PM   #8
bamabassman

HAHAHAHAHA wtl, now that would scare the heck outa me too.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 12:33 AM   #9
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I was fishing tiger creek which runs from lake Kissimmee to tiger lake with my dad when I was still in highschool.

We turned a bend and around it comes this guy flipping grass with a flyrod, wearing nothing but leopard skin thong underwear.

We passed him without saying a word, and when we got out of hearing distance I turned around to my dad and said "thats the gayest son of a ***** I think I've ever seen".
Did you hear any banjo music?
Old 04-14-08, 09:44 AM   #10
MississippiBoy

I've posted this before, but I'm gonna run it up the flagpole again...

My dad and I were fishing in a small oxbow lake off the Mississippi River about 3 summers ago. There were a bunch of cypress along the edge, with oak up on the banks. Right at the waterline on one of the cypress, we saw a little chipmunk. He was holding on to the trunk with three paws, and was stretching out as far as he could with the other for an acorn floating on the water just out of his reach. Just as we saw the little guy, a huge bass broke water, hit the poor thing like a truck, and took him under. The bass had to be 12+ lbs.

My dad and I looked at each other kinda like "Did you see that?" Then when we looked back, that big ol' bass came back and put another acorn beside that tree...
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 09:48 AM   #11
JB

One of the weirdest things(but nice) happend a long time ago, about 15 co eds were in bikini's and having a party on this nice house on the lake
on a point. They saw us fishing and decided to do some suggestive posses with each other, then that lead to some wrestling each other. It was sweet!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 03:46 PM   #12
bassinbob

Pretty funny Mississippi!!!
Old 04-14-08, 03:57 PM   #13
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Ya got me, too, Mis'sippi!

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 05:00 PM   #14
Buckeyefishing
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey 1/4 stick. My buddy Chet and I had a similar experience. We were fishing at Nimisila
Reservoir throwing some plastics and we thought we heard some voices around the bend.
When we got around it there was a guy and a woman laying on a blanket. The woman was totally stripped of all clothing. As we sat offshore about 15 yards we just sat there fishing not believing what we saw. Finally I spoke up and said " I'm not sure who's having more fun
him or us." My apologies to the ladies that might read this but it is a true story.
Old 04-14-08, 05:13 PM   #15
bamabassman

i like jb's story. but mississippiboy's was very funny. ok, when i was 17 a friend and i were fishing smith lake. we were in a little slew and noticed a fella standing on his boat dock. didn't think much of it, till, he hollered at us. we trolled over, he asked us how our luck was. we said we had a few. he then asked us if we had any crappie, we said yes. he then said to come up and he would clean em and cook em if he could have some. said it had been a while since he had fresh crappie. we said ok, and tied up to his peir. he took the fish and cleaned and cooked them. and we all ate fish, fries and beer battered hush puppies. now you all are wondering what is so strange about this story. well it may not be all that strange to you, but the guy who did all of this was and is none other than HANK WILLIAMS,JR. and yes at the house was willie nelson, waylon jennings and some other guys. oh....and yes they were alot of half naked ladies there too. had a REAL good time, hahahaha. oh those were the days........
Old 04-14-08, 05:39 PM   #16
zooker

i happened to be an eye witness to this one..
we were fishing tillery we enter a cove. and there was this right FINE gal lyin face down on a towel-topless- my buddy says " watch dis" chunks a rigged frog in the beer cooler we continue fishin round the cove about 10 mintues or so. we get up to her dock he reachs in the cooler for the frog. which he landed in the middle of her back.and well what do ya know "store boughts". it was a GOOD day..

to this day you hear any of us talk about an "iced frog" event this is what we are refuring too..
zooker
Old 04-15-08, 12:12 AM   #17
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have another jet story...
I was trout fishin on the Stanislaus River when i heard a sorta rumbling, like a car comin up the road. Well that little rumbling turned into a ROAR and when I look up an F-16 went SCREAMIN over right above the trees, and a tree actually fell down... Needless to say that thing was LOUD
Old 04-15-08, 06:36 AM   #18
basschick
BassFishin.Com Member

My story is similar to WTL, but not exactly the same. Last year, when our boat was being worked on, I went shore fishing on the river. There's a spot by the dam you can walk to that is set up for shore fishing. I went there with my brother at about dusk and there was another person fishing there. It was a man in a womans tight black bikini (top and botom) with a pink hooded sweatshirt with the zipper open. He had 4 or 5 lines in the water catfishing. I don't know if it was the strangest experience on the water but definitely a memorable one. We actually ended up catching a lot fish that night, some nice smallies and quite a few large walleye.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 09:38 PM   #19
bamabassman

can we say......queer? lol, funny basschick. maybe he was "charming" them in, lmao.
Old 04-16-08, 10:08 AM   #20
pignjig

I was fishing an isolated cove last summer in a john boat. The water was dead calm and it was sticky humid. I had stopped in the middle of the cove to switch batteries when something hit the bottom of the boat so hard it rocked it enough to throw me off balance a little. I thought maybe some folks were out swimming and playing around but there was nobody in the cove. It's amazing how slow a 50# thrust TM is on a john boat when it has to push a short, chubby, spooked Italian pig...
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 12:40 PM   #21
MississippiBoy

Pignjig, if it makes you feel any better, it was probably only a gator...
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 12:44 PM   #22
1/4 stick

Well, I don't have any stories all that wierd, but a buddy of mine told me this one. Not really all that wierd, but untypical. he said he was on one of the ponds we frequent in his jon boat when he noticed a couple kids put one of those plastic wadding pools in the water. They got in it and paddled out a little way and started fishing. He was a little worried about them but didn't do any thing right then cause they really weren't that far out and a long way from where the bottom drops off. After an hour or so he hadn't had a strike, not even a nibble, he got to thinking about the kids again and decided to check on them. Sure enough they had gotten braver, and had ventured out into the deep part of the pond, and the pool looked like it was taking on water cause it was sitting deeper in the water. He got a little closer to them and told them they needed to head back in and what they were doing was dangerous. They hollard something about they knew what they were doing. This irritated my friend and, with his trolling motor, pulled up along side of them intending to grab the side of the pool and tow them back to shallow water.
He grabbed the pool and glanced inside to find the bottom was full, I mean covered in bream, a few crappie, and a couple small bass. They'd been taking on fish, not water. (note: he had'nt so much as seen a bite) He said he pushed them back away from his boat and told them to go ahead, they apearantly knew more than he did, and if they drowned it was thier problem. My bud still cuses about that.
Old 04-16-08, 03:00 PM   #23
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

It's not that strange, but jumped the crap out of me nonetheless...last summer around 4am I was just pulling up to an old concrete pumping station at one of my favorite ponds...It was so calm I decided to pull up the trolling motor... and just as I bent down to grab the handle off the deck I heard "BANG" right next to my head...my heart jumped through my chest after checking myself for bullet holes I looked up in time to witness a freakishly large BEAVER scurring away... for you guys who don't know..the thump I heard was his tail smacking the water only feet from the bow of the boat, and trust me it's VERY loud
Old 04-16-08, 03:26 PM   #24
Wishing2BFishing

My friend and I were fishing the Conestoga River one afternoon in Lancaster. While wading downstream, I noticed a raccoon walking back and forth on the other side of the river. Althought the raccoon eventually disappeared into the woods, I stayed on the opposing side because I thought it was somewhat unusual to see raccoon in the daytime. Anyway, while fishing one of the many bends in the river, a canoe came around the corner with a man, a girl, and a dog. Of course, they decided to pull up on the bank directly across from where my friend and I were fishing. Next thing I hear is a dog yelping and then I see a man swinging a paddle at the tail of the dog. I then realized that the raccoon had bitten the dog and the guy was hitting the raccoon with the paddle. The dog with the raccoon attached to its leg, ran into the woods. The guy with paddle chased the dog and raccoon and kept hitting the thing with his paddle. Well, eventually the people got back in the canoe and left. Would you believe that the raccoon came back. It was walking funny and making odd sounds but it was still alive. A very weird scene.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-08, 04:02 PM   #25
damian2b

I wouldnt consider it strange but rather entertaining/wild. I was on loch raven here in bmore a bunch of years back fishing from a rented boat when i heard a ton of racket coming from the woods. I look up and two male deer come busting through the brush fighting each other. They rushed down a rather steep hill and into the drink going at each other the whole way. Once they realized they were both out of their element one chased the other back into the woods.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.