Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-12-09, 10:31 AM   #1
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default The things you always wish would happen, it happened to me!!!

This weekend some of the things every fishermen wants deep down other than multple 10 pounders, a state or world record, and to be able to fish for a living happened to me. Two things happened this past weekend. I will start with the second because I like the first one best. My fishing buddy and I fished 2 local lakes and one of them has a big isalnd with weeds all around it. We got back there and some fishermen said I have been here for 5 hours and I haven't caught one fish. And while the second guy on the other boat was in the middle of saying, "THere are no fish here." I set into one deep in the weeds and got it to the boat right in front of them. It was a satisfying moment.
The other moment was at the first lake which is the tuffest around. We were working a bank. I had caught one earlier off of wood structure. He said that it wasn't the pattern and wouldn't fish what i was telling him to fish. SO I stopped the boat and talked as if i had my own show. I pointed out this piece of structure barely sticking out of the water and said "If I am not mistaken, there should be a fish right there." So I casted there and he got smart butt on me and was saying "And you caught nothing." While he was finishing the saying up, I set the hook on a nice fish.

I laughed for the next 30 minutes and still get a little laugh at his face now.
Old 05-12-09, 11:36 AM   #2
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I love it when that happens, especially the first moment. I had a similar thing happen with my daughter. She said I didn't know what I was doing and that I just got lucky when I caught fish. I took offense even though she was right but I wanted to prove her (and myself wrong). I then pointed out a partially submerged brush pile and told her that a bass was hiding in there. She said, "Yeah right. " I cast a fluke past the brush pile and drug it across the top of the water. I then let it sink when I got near the edge of the pile. I felt the bite, set the hook, and landed in a 1 pounder. She just stood there wide-eyed and with her mouth open. She thinks I'm the smartest fisherman.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 05:56 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

there is nothing that upsets me more than someone in the back of the boat sitting there talking about how they have no confidence in your water, and going on about how they just don't think there are fish there. glad you stuck it to him haha.
Old 05-12-09, 06:34 PM   #4
JB

thats true c rig and the other side of the coin is the partner ya draw that has no confidence on the spot your on, your home lake mind you, and knows about a better spot his buddy did well at once back in '92
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 08:53 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Nothing like salt in the wound. It's not if she is there, it's if she wants what you are presenting.
Old 05-12-09, 09:22 PM   #6
bamabassman

hahaha, man i loved all 3 stories. love it when i prove my brother wrong. he is older than me and we were fishing this little cove once last year. there was a small stump in there, i was tieing on a worm, forget the color and kind, anyway..he said "what are you gonna do?" i said that i was gonna catch the bass hiding behind the little stump. he laughed real loud and said there weren't anything there, it was too shallow. it was only around 8 inches deep. water was kinda stained too now that i remember. so i cast past it, and slowly drug it towards the little stump. then as i got to it, i let it alone for around 30 seconds. he laughed again, then it started to move outward away from the stump. yes i set the hook, little pound and a half. he was still laughing till he saw i had a fish on it. then he just sat there looking stumped. hahahahaha, funny to this day.
Old 05-12-09, 11:29 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
thats true c rig and the other side of the coin is the partner ya draw that has no confidence on the spot your on, your home lake mind you, and knows about a better spot his buddy did well at once back in '92
yep drives me nuts when guys do that crap. i hate fishing in the past, we all do it from time to time but i won't make a habbit out of it.
Old 05-13-09, 08:14 PM   #8
Fishous
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
The things you always wish would happen, it happened to me!!!
I thought this story was going to involve finding a cold cooler full of beer and two nubile blonds.
Old 05-13-09, 09:24 PM   #9
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
I thought this story was going to involve finding a cold cooler full of beer and two nubile blonds.
REDHEADS MAN REDHEADS - but blondes will do
Old 05-13-09, 11:15 PM   #10
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
Not quite, but I like the way you think...

Last year at the Guntersville member event I fished with bothomas in his boat. We put in and were waiting on Bama, BB, and KingFish to get in their boat. Bo trolled over to a laydown not 50 ft from the boat ramp and said something like "I'm gonna catch that fish off this tree while we're waiting." Sure enough, about his third cast, he came up with a short bass.

I've never called my shot like that, but it was pretty neat.
Old 05-13-09, 11:41 PM   #11
bcklash

I've never called one for myself, but I did for my buddy last year. I was on the trolling motor and looked back and a sharp dropoff and told him there should be fish there and 45 seconds later he had 4lb LM in the boat.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.