Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-07, 12:29 AM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Question Reservior

Went fishing in a new reservior today. murky water, don't know depth cause didn't take the dinky boat out, lots of reed and cat tails around the edges with a few large willows hanging into the water.
fish in this thing are all over, minnows, to bluegill, to LM,SM, rainbow trout, cats, even Pike!

anyways, Fished wacky rigged tiki with no luck, no easy from shore either. got caught on a stick so I pulled and Pulled and when I thought my 30lb braid broke, I started reeling in only to find......

The hook snapped right in half! didn't even straighten, crazy tough line though.

Anyways any suggestion for fishing from shore until we can get the dinky boat out? by the way, not many places to even fish from the the one side, soo many reeds, It'd be like casting into a forest.
Old 08-11-07, 08:13 AM   #2
BigBassin144

By the way, did I mention the only bites we got were mosquitos? well, they were.
Old 08-11-07, 11:45 AM   #3
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

reservoirs are usually difficult to fish.......from shore or boat. they are usually large bodies of water with a lot of points, channels, canals, creeks, weeds, deep water, shallow water, you get the picture. Unless you're really keen on the fishing conditions and know how the fish behave under those conditions it will be hard to find the fish. When they make reservoirs, they usually damn a river, or divert a rivers flow to another area and flood the surrounding area creating the reservoir. One of my favorite fishing holes is also a reservoir. When they made it they made a nice long deep channel and flooded the surrounding forest.......talk about a bass haven......Rodman Reservoir.
Old 08-11-07, 10:29 PM   #4
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

bigbassin144, what reservoir are you fishing, i also live in NW Ohio (Bellevue), and have quite a bit of experience on reservoirs... let me know and i could possibly help you out...

Ryan
Old 08-11-07, 10:33 PM   #5
BigBassin144

I dont know where Bellevue is, but I'm right outside of toledo. The one I'm talking about in the Delta Reservior, if you've ever been there, it's the small one. I also fish the metamora reservior, but they recently put chemicals in to kill the weeds, and it made the water murky and we havent caught anything since, except 3-4" bluegill.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.