Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-07, 05:06 PM   #1
nutwagonfromhell
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile Tell some personal pond fishing stories!

I`ll start. Mynieghborhood pond i have fished since i was 8 years old. 9 years ago my dad tought me bass fishing, now I`m fascinated with them. anyways I tried busch wild life during this time to catch a big bass at least 4 lbs. My dad told me and my bro that if we cuaght a big bass he would hang it on the wall for us. so a few years went by and no luck because busch wildlife is way to pressured. thats were every body fishes and every lure know to man has been used there. I never knew or thought there could be bass in the nieghborhood pond, so one day afterschool i had the bug so bad it was mid september and i had just bought some walmart flw plastic crawdads for texas rigs. I walked 5 blocks to my pond and pitched it in. I was at the edge were the levy was by a spillway. and second cast to me left and kapow I hooked what i swore up and down was a cat fish cause the way it fought it stayed under water and was circling around and around. I get it by my feet in the weeds and saw that white bucket mouth sticking out of the surface and i almost had a heart attack I was so stoked up there was bass in that pond close to home. I reach down and pull out this 4 pound bass with the smallest mouth for it size i ever seen. I was so shocked and happy I took him home to show my dad once he came home from work, and he was as surprised as i was. After dinner me and my dad ran up there at very late evening towrds twilight, walked a few feet down the levy towards the drain pipe. this was the other end of the levy. tossed the plastic crawdad next to the pipe and something big moved over to where my lure was. I bumped a rock and thought it was nibble from a bluegill. I had dropped my line down and it started moving and twitching, I set the hook as hard as i could and my 20 dollar zebco baitcaster`s rod tip bent almost to the reel. fearing it was going to snap my line i ran towards it and saw 2- 3 foot boils in the water. next thing i know my line made a gunshot sounding snap and my rod snapped straight and my heart almost stopped. I was hootin and hollering for 5 minutes non stop about it. Since then I been hooked on that lake. I`m guessing it was possibly a state record I lost. I`ll never know. But i search everyday for that very fish I lost those years ago and I`ll never stop fishing there. If it wasnt a 13 plus bass it was atleast 10 lbs. I have many more recent stories too but I`ll let you guys tell me some stories. It`s the little ponds and lake stories that are the coolest to hear.
nutwagonfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-07, 06:46 PM   #2
basschamp4
BassFishin.Com Active Member

you better keep that quiet to the locals or that pond is gonna get so much fishing pressure you'll never see another bass come out of that
Old 08-06-07, 07:00 PM   #3
nutwagonfromhell
BassFishin.Com Member

It`s already out. a guy found out about it and he`s bringing all his buddies there so I been messing with other lures to get them to bite. they been more spooky latley. even my foot steps send them running. funny part was I learned to keep it quiet in school. I would tell people about it and they would think I was full of it so I thought fine better fishing for me then.
Old 08-06-07, 07:44 PM   #4
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up

I likes me some Pond's.
http://www.ddc.com.cn/img/data/media/112/ponds.jpg

Domo arigato, and good night!

FryLod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-07, 08:38 PM   #5
BLWeng

Send a message via AIM to BLWeng

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
I likes me some Pond's.
http://www.ddc.com.cn/img/data/media/112/ponds.jpg

Domo arigato, and good night!

FryLod

You crack me up FL
Old 08-07-07, 09:33 PM   #6
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Try spending 8 hours in a boat with him, BL.

November 18, 1999. Very bad/sad time for me in more ways than one. I was outside of Ft. Worth, and shortly before sundown I needed some air so headed for a little tank in the next pasture. Took one rod with a home made bleeding shad spinnerbait with a single Colorado blade tied on. Almost dark and I said to mself this is the last cast. Threw it out, started the retrieve and something absolutely hammered it. From the way it was pulling I figured a catfish, but then I got it close to shore and saw it wasn't a catfish but a 8 lb bass. VERY special fish for reasons I won't go into, and it was the last fish I kept or will ever keep.
Old 08-08-07, 12:49 PM   #7
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

That always makes everything worth it Reb. Nothing like fishing to get things off your mind, then catch a hawg liek that, well thats just tellin ya the big man upstairs is helpin ya out.
Old 08-08-07, 08:16 PM   #8
keithdog

Where is that pond nutwagon???????? Thanks for sharring that with us Reb. Someday, I'd like to hear about the rest of the story.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 08:21 PM   #9
keithdog

One day, I spent about 5 hours fishing a nice size lake about 30 minutes from my house. I and my fishing buddy had only landed a couple small bass about 8 inches long. We decide to leave and loaded up my buddies boat in the back of his truck. We drove seperately as he was going straight to work from there. I was going to head to the nearest watering hole. Thats when I spotted a small pond about 1 1/2 acres in size, hidden behind tall brush and grass. Well I thought, why not? So I found a small opening in amoung the brush and slipped in close to the bank and tossed out a white and gold 3/8oz tandom spinner. Five casts later I had five bass, with the smallest weighing around 3 pounds, and the biggest was clost to 7 pounds. Thats when I realized, there is no such thing as a body of water too small to check out.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 08:36 PM   #10
basschamp4

once again you better keep that little pond quiet if you ever want another bass out of it

believe me i had a pond like that once i told a couple people and the next thing you know 4 months go by and the biggest fish the entire time is 12"
Old 08-12-07, 04:53 PM   #11
nutwagonfromhell
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Where is that pond nutwagon???????? Thanks for sharring that with us Reb. Someday, I'd like to hear about the rest of the story.
Sorry where that pond is located is my secret.
My other story happened a few weeks ago.
I was out fishing this pond and using a culprit worm and nothing was biting.
So I walked to one of my key structure spots where I had once pulled 2 4 pound bass out in a row with a couple of little half pounders in the total of 30 minutes of standing in that very spot.
There was a couple of high school punks across the cove in front of me.
they were cat fishing and he was being an ego fisherman, He shout hey buddy look what I`m doing, while holding a stringer of tiny catfish that werent legal size. and then 5 minutes later he said Oh yea look at that I got another one what did you get.
so I ignored him and casted straight down the under water point and got a strike. pulled me around and swam to the weeds by my feet. Then the fish shook my hook off. So two casts later I casted to a small brush pile one the edge of the point just inches from a drop off and BAM!!!
Big aggressive strike and I knew It`s game time.
While i set the hook I saw the fish for a second, It was the flash of its big white belly. Scared it would shake me off due to the hook not set barb deep i tightened my drag all the way down because I was on a spree of losing fish that day. Got it to the bank and saw that big green back and knew I was going home happy. Felt like I won the lottery. Biggest fish I seen in 6 years and catching big fish never loses its adrenaline pumping fun.
I went home and stuck it in my bathtub lol, It`s going on my wall for a few reasons, The idiots shouting, I might be moving to florida, and This lake is a important part of me.
It was funny to see those 2 punk`s jaws drop and the stared in silence.
I hate to boast and toot my own horn so I walked away holding the fish in their sight and let the 5 lbs bass do all the talkin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5 pound Bass 004.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	1763  
Old 08-12-07, 07:43 PM   #12
FlyRod

Question

I'm still undecided whether to tell about time I fell in a pond and was severely mauled by Waterdogs (Pitbullus Aquaticus) or the time I went skinnydipping with select members of my high school's dance team....Hmmmmm, I wonder which you'd find more entertaining.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Goooooo, Brahmas! The last San Antonio team standing in last year's Class 5A football playoffs.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.