Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-07, 07:56 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default New items

I received my Cabela's Fall Fishing catalogue the other day, and while leafing through it I noticed a couple of items that are new to me, and was wanting any input from anyone who has used these.

Item 1. U.S. Reel SuperCaster. This item has a "SNAP-ON LINE ARBOR"? I have no idea what that is or how it works. Basically is it any good? I am wanting a reel that has greater line capacity for some of my saltwater fishing, due to the drag some of the fish pull off. This reel is light, and can hold a lot of line with this arbor.

Item 2. Mann's Hard Nose Snake. Looks interesting, even though I hate snakes. But I was wondering how bouyant these are. Do they stay on top or at least very close to the surface, or do you have to be continuously retreived for them to keep stay up on the top?

Item 3. Mann's Walker. This is a new crankbait, that really stays super shallow so it says. It states that it tracks 1"-3" under the surface. This would be a nice item for some of the places I fish, if it really is that shallow of a crank, I just wish they made it in s thin version also. Any body have one, and if so hows is the action, and depth?

One last question, but I didn't see it in the magazine. Does anyone know where to order a Measuring bar, that goes up to 36"? Some of the slot limits are over 30" so I need one that goes to 36" for quick and safe measurements.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Lizards
Old 08-07-07, 08:09 PM   #2
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

Well I searched BassPro with no results?? But I did find something on Cabelas...

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...=cat90002&rid=

Depending on whether or not you want to stick it on your boat. We have a foldable 3-piece measuring stick, which tells us the slot limits for each fish. Cant find it on Cabelas or Basspro for some reason, and I also did a Google but I'm not exactly sure what to call it.
Old 08-07-07, 08:26 PM   #3
lizardsrule

Thanks 02, but I'm looking more for a trough/golden rule type. I have a fish stick mounted to my boat, but it's tough to keep them there to get the correct measurement.

Lizards
Old 08-07-07, 09:46 PM   #4
Rebbasser

Lizards-do they have Academy Sports and Outdoors in your neck of the woods? I seem to recall seeing some in the length you are looking for there. If not, let me know and I'll check and if they do I'll get one and send it to you.
Old 08-07-07, 10:26 PM   #5
CreekGeek22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Lizards, I saw one in Cabela's Spring angler's catalog. It's a Bluewater Board, 38" aluminum board 'geared for saltwater anglers'.
Item 12-392-730-00

I didn't find it on the web site though??
CreekGeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-07, 10:35 PM   #6
CreekGeek22

Here it is:http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults

Looks like BPS wins this one.....
Old 08-09-07, 08:08 PM   #7
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Lizards-do they have Academy Sports and Outdoors in your neck of the woods? I seem to recall seeing some in the length you are looking for there. If not, let me know and I'll check and if they do I'll get one and send it to you.
As usual a man of kindness, thanks for the offer. There is a "Sports Authority" not to far from work, I will stop in and check. I looked at the "New" Gander Mountain, and found nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekGeek22 View Post
Here it is:http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=SearchResults

Looks like BPS wins this one.....

Thanks for the link, that's exactly what I'm looking for. If I can't find it at the store I'll order it. I hear it's been just as hot there as it has been here rotfl. At least I'm kinda used to it, plus I have a killer tan already

Lizards
Old 08-10-07, 04:50 AM   #8
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post

Item 1. U.S. Reel SuperCaster. This item has a "SNAP-ON LINE ARBOR"? I have no idea what that is or how it works.

Item 3. Mann's Walker. This is a new crankbait, that really stays super shallow so it says.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Lizards
'Zards,

An arbor (No relation to Ann Arbor, a cute girl OR where the U. of Michigan is located.) is a device that snaps onto and around the spool of a reel in order to LESSEN the line capacity. This is for use with very light (and low diameter) lines so that you don't waste a lot of line in bringing the level to proper casting depth on the spool. It DECREASES, not increases, the line capacity. Good item IF it does not throw the spool outta balance (casting reel). That's why they are more common on spinning reels.

The Mann's lure to which you refer is the "WAKER", not the "Walker". It is so named because it runs so shallow, especially at lower speeds, that it makes a little subsurface wake.

Measuring board? Can't help yew. Sorry.

FR
Chief
Research, Development, and New-Stuff Knower-Abouter.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-07, 09:19 PM   #9
CreekGeek22

You know it's hot when you think 90 degrees is cool. We had a day off from the hot stuff on Friday when it only hit 90. I think we are at day 15 in a row with the temps in the 90's, and no rain! Humidity has been high as well making the heat index around 105 on most days. My grass crunches under my feet, my electric bill is going to be double the norm as my AC never shuts off, and it's only the middle of August! Oh well, what can you do but grin and bear it!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.