Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-11, 10:46 AM   #1
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Robbing the cradle...

So, I was wondering who's doing it? How much age difference do you and your wife/girlfriend have?

The reason I ask is I'm doing it a little right now. She is 10 years younger then me (yeah me!), I'm 35 and she's 25. Just a little history, I've actually known her since she was in diapers. We have cabins 6 doors apart, I know her parents well and she knows that I have a daughter and all of my wonderful faults. I finally got the courage to ask her out and to my surprise she said yes. We've only been out a couple times, but so far it's been great. She has a great job, owns her own condo and has a better tow vehicle then me!!

I know this is worthless without pictures, but trust me she's way out of my league!!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 11:40 AM   #2
lilmule

Lets see the pics of the condo and bass boat,truthfully its all upstairs in your mind,the difference at young ages is more a problem than at older,and if shes out of your league,head over heals despite knowing most,treat her nicely.
Start including your daughter in some way,see her reaction.From just this minor description bet you will all have a nice time.
As you get older the age thing means less and less and becomes a much wider gap,or can be,and goes both ways.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 11:52 AM   #3
Handlebars
BassFishin.Com Member

My wife is 7 years older then me. Been together for 16 years. She is my best friend. She doesn't care to go fishing and she doesn't ever complain about how much I go so what more could you ask for in a woman.

Ppl ask "so how'd you meet?" I just tell them she used to babysit me. LoL!
Old 10-13-11, 12:14 PM   #4
bassboogieman

My wife (2nd) is 18 years younger than I. I'm 62, she's 44 and we've been married 12 years. She does not fish, but gives me no grief about the time or money I've invested in it - I am just another lucky guy.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 01:04 PM   #5
MIbasser

Thanks guys. I know it's all in the mind about the age thing. I just worry what her friends might think.

Oh, she doesn't mind fishing and camping. She can ski, play golf and eat like a horse! She can out eat me and I have 80-90 pounds on her.....
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 01:14 PM   #6
WatterBoy

I turned 47 in September and my wife will be 45 in November. She is my best friend and I am incredibly blessed to be married to her. We have many of the same interests -- she loves to fish and watch sports on TV or in person just like I do, so that is fun for us. We have no secrets and don't have to play the "I can only buy this by sneaking around and not letting my spouse know what I bought and how much it cost" game, so that is cool. If the two of you are happy, don't worry about what anyone else might think. You can't control what others think anyway!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 01:34 PM   #7
MississippiBoy

My wife turns 27 on Monday, I'll be 32 in January, so there's almost 5 years between us.
I agree with everyone else....who cares?
Old 10-13-11, 02:15 PM   #8
66KingFisher

I think a big age difference only matters when you are young....Who wants their 12 year old daughter dating a 20 year old guy?....NOBODY!....But, once your past that its not a big deal I don't think. I"m 7 years older then my wife, and we've been married for 28 years.
Old 10-13-11, 02:43 PM   #9
kennethdaysale

I'm 54 she's 39......started dating at 34/19......been married 19 yrs.....not ever a problem
Old 10-13-11, 09:36 PM   #10
basshunter21
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Good for you man, trust me I know how tough it is to go out on a limb and ask a chick out. I would not worry one bit about the age gap, it aint 'nuthin. Why do you say shes outta your league out of curiosity? Ive thought about that with a few of my relationships before, and then I realized I just wasnt giving myself enough credit. And in fact she wasnt outta my league at all I just didnt have much confidence in myself.
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-11, 05:36 PM   #11
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well my first wife was 4 yrs older than me. lisa is 2 yrs younger than me. and like everyone else said. WHAT'S the problem? unless it bothers YOU or HER, there is no problem. now hush up and see what develops man. forget aobut her age and look at what the two of you have in common. she likes ot camp? PLUS 1. loves to fish? PLUS 1000000000. HEHEHE. has a BETTER tow vehicle than oyu.....GIVE ME HER NUMBER!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! get the picture pal?

now seriously, FORGET her age and look at HER as a PERSON. friend and what ya'll have in common. true love knows no age.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.