Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-09, 05:59 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Rumor!!!

There is a company that makes swimbaits named after a rare metal. The rumor is there going out of businiess. There product was at the bassmasters. But they had no booth. Could this be the first major company to go under as result of tough economic times. Well i hope not. I want one of those 8 inch trouts. So be on the look out for major price drops in baits if this happens.
Old 02-23-09, 06:10 PM   #2
CMorg

Whats the rare metal ? You gonna make people guess ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 06:11 PM   #3
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Rare metals for 200, Alex.
Old 02-23-09, 06:14 PM   #4
Lilmoosecountry

They make swimbaits Oh an Ish monroe is sponsored by them
Old 02-23-09, 06:19 PM   #5
CMorg

Really , I have never heard of them... anybody got a link ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 06:23 PM   #6
doc

Tru tungsten
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 06:37 PM   #7
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Tru tungsten

i second that....
Old 02-23-09, 06:38 PM   #8
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

but no wonder they are going under... i was looking at one of them at bps the other day... but there are too many factors that could go wrong for me to purchase a 50 dollar swimbait!!!!
Old 02-23-09, 06:39 PM   #9
Bubba_Bruiser

You better hurry up BassBoss! I hear you talking about them a lot.
Old 02-23-09, 08:28 PM   #10
aikenyounggun

i have a feeling that they aint going under..... they have a great business selling tungsten weights and they have a good business with their weights and swimbaits... but i might be wrong.... i pretty sure they had a booth at the classic b/c my frined bought a 4 inch and he was going to get me one but they didnt have the right color
Old 02-23-09, 08:50 PM   #11
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Man, if tru tungsten goes under, I can't image what goes next. I've looked at some cheaper waits cause I hate paying TT's prices, but IMO, there's nothing better. I can't wait to try one of their 4" swimbaits.

BB
Old 02-23-09, 11:22 PM   #12
prostaffman
BassFishin.Com Member

I am member of the Tru Tungsten prostaff and I can tell you that the above information is not accurate. Our company has continued to grow; now we are moving on to other baits, such as our swimbaits. The 4 inch swimbait is the hottest selling bait at many major tackle retailers. Rather than having our own booth we were asked to support Dick's Sporting Goods and have our Pro's doing tank demonstrations on the new products. Matt Newman, Marty Stone, Clark Reehm, Terry Bolton, Pam Bolton, Judy Wong and Pam Martin Wells were all there showing the new products to customers in the Dick's booth and at other retailers booths throughout the show. We thank you for your continued support – Fish Harder!
prostaffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 11:57 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

i wish i could confirm that they did or didn't have a booth at the classic. but the truth is that we walked around that expo for hours and honestly didn't get to see but maybe half of the stuff there. however tru tungsten wasn't in the half that we did see.

doubt they are going out of business, my guess would be that if anything they might stop making swimbaits but that too is just a guess.
Old 02-23-09, 11:59 PM   #14
TheDupDuo
BassFishin.Com Member

Honestly I was looking at their 4" swimbaits the other day at bps and was extremely disappointed. It just seemed like the bait was cheap looking with weak hooks. Dont take this as an opinion on the baits effectivness because I havent fished one nor have I even held one outside the package, just an observation from the packaging. I did buy two spro bbz-1 swimbaits and man are they awesome. The floater has been in the bathtub and it swims amazingly. sorry for the hijack guys just saw the thread and wanted to get my thoughts out there.
TheDupDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 03:33 PM   #15
Lilmoosecountry

I got it this from a realiable source within the industry. With out bringing it up. I'm hereing the same thing on another site now from sombody that was at the classic
Old 02-24-09, 03:43 PM   #16
Bryan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Welcome prostaffman! Glad to hear everything is going well for Tru Tungsten!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-09, 04:07 PM   #17
Bassboss

Yup, it's tru tungsten!
Old 02-24-09, 04:08 PM   #18
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
You better hurry up BassBoss! I hear you talking about them a lot.
Ya I hear ya! I'll get one with in a month or so, lets hope they don't go out by then!

I don't see why they would go out? They make tungsten bullet weight as well, I think it's their primary tackle though.
Old 02-24-09, 10:19 PM   #19
aikenyounggun

ummm i can conform what prostaff said b/c i went today to his house to see his new 4 inch in his pool.... looked awesome... a little smaller than i imagined.... he was going to buy me one at the classic but they didnt have blueback herring.... he got the chatreuse shad.... going to orde one off taklewarehouse soon
Old 02-25-09, 02:17 AM   #20
Tall

Welcome Prostaffman.

Come and join us and share your experiences and knowledge with us. Maybe you can talk to the others that you mentioned at the classic and they could share bass knowledge with us in their past time. I know they are busy but someone from the staff may be able to post from time to time.

Welcome again, and may your company continue to grow. I know Kevin usually get the samples but if you needed someone to try them swim baits out in Arkansas for advertisement I would be willing to try to trick that next state record LM out of Lake Montecello with some. That might be just what might do the trick. Something new they have not seen. Next few weeks the big girls may just be swimming around looking for one. Man what great advertisement for the company that would be a new AR state record. I can see it now, can you? If I only had some. It is getting late, I think I am dreaming. Good night.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16

Last edited by Tall; 02-25-09 at 03:37 PM.
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 02:30 AM   #21
Bubba_Bruiser

I love the weights. Now, if I can just keep from getting the backorder sign when I go to order them. I haven't got the swimbait bug though yet. And welcome to the place to be when off water Prostaffman.
Old 02-25-09, 09:55 AM   #22
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall View Post

Something new they have not seen

Nope, you'll have to find something else, we have the swimbaits covered
Old 02-25-09, 03:18 PM   #23
Tall

doc

I was going to share with ya. I am after the sister of the one you are holding up.

Maybe he has something really really new. Ya Know nothing may measure up to a Tru Tungston. I will never know unless I try em. Dang I just know he was about to load up a whole box full of every kid.

I would even take used ones of the new proto types and give em a wirl. Battle scared baits may just be the trick. Does it sound like I am trying to do a dance and a song.

I could guess what I would really get in the mail. one of them kind of baits. Oh well never hurts to try.

You can PM me if you need my address prostaffman.

I hope lowrider don't give them all a sore jaw today. I might make it down one of the next two days.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16

Last edited by Tall; 02-25-09 at 03:48 PM.
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 03:18 PM   #24
aikenyounggun

yeah im going to get a 4 inch to show clarks hill and murray a somethin little different... they see them when they are on the points and the pros come but not any other time ofthe year
Old 02-25-09, 05:01 PM   #25
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall View Post
doc

I was going to share with ya. I am after the sister of the one you are holding up.

Maybe he has something really really new. Ya Know nothing may measure up to a Tru Tungston. I will never know unless I try em. Dang I just know he was about to load up a whole box full of every kid.

I would even take used ones of the new proto types and give em a wirl. Battle scared baits may just be the trick. Does it sound like I am trying to do a dance and a song.

I could guess what I would really get in the mail. one of them kind of baits. Oh well never hurts to try.

You can PM me if you need my address prostaffman.

I hope lowrider don't give them all a sore jaw today. I might make it down one of the next two days.

No worries about lowrider, he says the water was 52 degrees, white capping, and boat running funny. Their mouths are safe for the day. Me and him are fishing tomorrow, dont know if were going to monticello or morgan point tho. 20mph winds forcasted monticello would be rough, and we do need to take a look at mp, we have a tourney there on the 7 th.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.