Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-08, 12:49 PM   #1
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Go Figure...

My first tournament of the year is this Saturday and after a week of nice warm temps (70's) a cold front is going to go through the area Friday night. We are going to have highs in the low 50's. The day before it will be near 80. That should shut the bite down some! Oh well... we'll have to suck it up and fish a little slower I guess. I struggle on this lake to begin with and now it will be even tougher with the weather. Last week my brother and I put somewhat of a pattern together (actually caught a limit) and felt like we may do something. I'm still going to hold out some hope because the way we caught them they should move back to those spots after basking in the sun for a few days. We'll see how it goes. I'll let y'all know what we end up doing. Thanks 3D for your help on "The Dead Sea"!!! LOL
Old 03-27-08, 02:38 PM   #2
fishin' fool
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You acutally might be surprised on the day of your tourney. Just stick to your game plan and what has been working. If the bite is slow, fish cover more percisely and slowly (I like to use a finesse jig). Make repeated casts to cover, dead stick it, do what ever the bass want! If this doesn't work, find the first drop off (even if it subtle) to deeper water close to where you were catching fish. Bass might move to alittle deeper water where the front is not as intense. Remember the longer and more intense the cold spell/ low pressure front is, the harder it is on fishing. But if its only for a day stick to your game plan! Good luck and Good fishin'
fishin' fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 10:05 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hope you do good. and hey...at least your fishing, right? good luck!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 10:23 PM   #4
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Good luck at the tournament, BA! Don't give 'em all sore mouths, I gotta try and snag something up there in May. Best to you...

-Pig
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 10:44 PM   #5
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Monday was the coldest day of the week and I/we had our best day that day. Might be a good thing for you. Stick with your game plan and good luck.
Who knows, I might come out and find you on the water. I'll give everyone a play by play later and give out a couple of your secret baits!!!
Old 03-28-08, 07:32 AM   #6
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Thanks guys!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Monday was the coldest day of the week and I/we had our best day that day. Might be a good thing for you. Stick with your game plan and good luck.
Who knows, I might come out and find you on the water. I'll give everyone a play by play later and give out a couple of your secret baits!!!
That's funny right there 3D! I hope we do good enough to make an interesting play by play. As far as secret baits... I may have a trick or two up my sleeve!!! Hey if you come to the weigh in look for us. I'll be towing a White w/ black/red TR-21 Triton with a blue 4 door Toyota Tundra. If you see 2 goof balls like this give us a shout!

Old 03-28-08, 12:55 PM   #7
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
Thanks guys!!!!

Hey if you come to the weigh in look for us. I'll be towing a White w/ black/red TR-21 Triton with a blue 4 door Toyota Tundra.
I'd call that a ride-and-a-half!!!

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.