Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-10, 06:45 PM   #1
tslabaugh
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to tslabaugh
Default Finally got my new-to-me boat broke in!

Bought my 98 Nitro in the heat of summer so the fishing sucked. Well, the last week we had been getting a cool front with low 60 temps at night. So Saturday, I decided to get my dad and us go out on a lake we used to fish frequently.

Starts off...there are no moss beds. The "moss" was an invasive species so they have killed it all out a couple years ago. Talk about weird...I have never fished with no moss. lol

Anyways, The water had cooled down to 78* and we started off at daylight with topwater and spinnerbaits. Dad caught a dinker on a chug bug. Then nothing. We go try another cove and we each catch one on a spinner in about 6 feet of water...one was a keeper (mine! ). Dad caught another dinker. Once the sun came up, we decided to start fishing some of the points and look for some deepwater structure. Well with my vintage 1998 model humminbirds, we spot a few humps that go from 17' up to 15'. I start crankin' with a Strike King 6 series and a few casts in..hook up with a 1.4 lb LM. We keep fishing the humps, with nothing and go try a few other spots. Come back to the humps and within a few casts, I catch a 2 lb Sand Bass. After we got enough for dinner we called it a day.

I must say..I love my Skeet Reese Cranking Rod. It is a big ol rod, but doesnt wear ya out.

Next purchase is to upgrade the electronics... Some new humminbirds are much needed! Hopefully before it cools down much more so I can try em out on all the fall fish! lol
tslabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-10, 08:12 PM   #2
florida fisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

nice man, and im looking for a new humminbird too, let me know if you find any cheap, thanks.
Old 09-07-10, 10:58 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

glad you got out and got a few fish man. yeah...my old finders are 97 models but hey they work, and they are PAID for. i have learned to read em somewhat and i am happy with em for now. maybe when i win the lottery i can upgrade EVERYTHING, lol. next trip...post some pics man. we LOVE to see pics.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.