Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-12, 04:27 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default GY Senkos on sale for $3.99 at Academy

Now is a good time to stock up if you have an Academy near by or want to order online. $3.99 for 5" Senkos can't be beat!

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...N=104+97009337
Old 08-12-12, 05:38 PM   #2
bassinbob

Thanks Joe. That's a super deal.
Old 08-12-12, 07:48 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wow, talk about a killer deal.. To bad 90% of my paycheck is already spent! lol
Old 08-12-12, 11:40 PM   #4
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Academy got me...couldn't resist the price on those Senkos though! Their pit boss' were on sale for a $1.99 too

Thanks for post that up!!!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 12:17 AM   #5
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
Academy got me...couldn't resist the price on those Senkos though! Their pit boss' were on sale for a $1.99 too

Thanks for post that up!!!
Yeah I forgot to mention the Havoc baits being on sale too. I always check the local sporting good store adds on Sundays when they release the new circular. I'm a sucker for a good sale
Old 08-13-12, 12:32 AM   #6
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Yeah I forgot to mention the Havoc baits being on sale too. I always check the local sporting good store adds on Sundays when they release the new circular. I'm a sucker for a good sale
That makes two of us! I'm probably going to get beat upside the head when my package arrives...LOL! My wife doesn't quite understand the monkey and him being a crack addict.

Shoot I want to order more Senkos just because you can't beat that price. They're $7.99 at our exchange on base...
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 09:08 AM   #7
bassboogieman

I gotta ask - What does that tell you about the "mark up" on GY baits? Can Academy Sports REALLY sell Senkos below their cost? At $3.99, I have to wonder - WHY is BPS hawking them at $8.29 for the same bag of plastics? I can understand a "special offer" to get you to shop in the strore, or online, but 5" Senkos at $3.99 - available in a selection of colors - certainly is an attention grabber. I've got about 20 bags of Senkos in my stash currently, but this is too good to pass up - THANKS Joe! I'll have plenty of Senkos now for the next COUPLE years.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 10:07 AM   #8
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I gotta ask - What does that tell you about the "mark up" on GY baits? Can Academy Sports REALLY sell Senkos below their cost? At $3.99, I have to wonder - WHY is BPS hawking them at $8.29 for the same bag of plastics? I can understand a "special offer" to get you to shop in the strore, or online, but 5" Senkos at $3.99 - available in a selection of colors - certainly is an attention grabber. I've got about 20 bags of Senkos in my stash currently, but this is too good to pass up - THANKS Joe! I'll have plenty of Senkos now for the next COUPLE years.
I kind of wondered that too. The last few weeks they've had 4" and 7" Senkos on clearance for $3.99. I don't know if the 5"ers are on sale or on clearance. Maybe Academy isn't going to carry GYCB anymore, that's the only thing that would really make much sense. I don't see them not carrying Senkos though, who knows.
Old 08-13-12, 11:12 AM   #9
aikenyounggun

I mean how much do you really think it costs for a machine to mix the plastic and pour. Maybe, just maybe, $1. So you are paying for a better quality (in many's opinion), the 'original', and the name. I bet mark up from the GY baits is ridiculous too.
Old 08-13-12, 01:26 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Nothing....to me.....beats the original in the GY though. As long we keep paying for it, they will keep going up. Just like a Coke. I bought a couple of packs because my boys have been catching fish on them. I think I paid 5.99 at Academy's though.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.