Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-13, 06:00 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Getting older, aches and pains.

As I sit hear writing this, I have a nagging ache in my right hand and wrist, which will no doubt be an issue after I hit the water tomorrow morning. One never thinks they are going to have "old person issues" when they are young, but it's happening to me now and I don't like it. My hands and wrists both have arthritis, as do my knees. Most days now, after just a few hours on the water, the pain is such that I can hardly grip a rod, let alone cast. I find myself taking far more breaks during a fishing outing than I ever did before. I don't stand while fishing as much any ore either as my lower back starts to ache. Getting old is a *#@&!. I find myself thinking more and more about bait fishing simply to avoid the pain associated with casting. I am on a prescription for arthritis which helps my knees more than my hands. Ibuprofen has become a good friend of mine. And I find myself having to go to the bathroom more frequently as well! Getting up early isn't as easy as it used to be as well.

Now I know there are other folks in here that can relate. There are more than just a few old farts here as well. Isn't that right Bassboogieman?! So I thought since so many of us are probably facing similar issues related to aging, I would bring this issue to the forefront and see just what others are doing to combat the issues of aging as they effect your fishing style and how your dealing with them. As for me, I am grinning and bearing it, with the help of meds. And the meds are not really all that effective as of now. I think I will discuss this with my doctor next time I am sitting in his office eyeing the nurse taking my blood pressure.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.