Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-05, 11:08 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Dang 4 days of fishing.

Well gotta leave in the am for 2 days of prefishing for a 2 day tournament next weekend, then drive up from there to Sandusky, OH to fish a 2 day tourney there Saturday and Sunday. It's good to be me Talk to you folks in a few days after some fishing

Lizards
Old 09-07-05, 11:10 PM   #2
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Good luck man hope ya win.....................
Old 09-07-05, 11:14 PM   #3
Rebbasser

Have fun and good luck, amigo
Old 09-07-05, 11:16 PM   #4
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Good Luck!

Enjoy It! And Win...
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-05, 08:56 PM   #5
lizardsrule

Well I got home early afternoon, and it ended up being only three days of fishing, since I didn't make the cut for Sunday I won't go into all the details, but I beat the boater again, and after I had caught three fish(one being 13 1/2" and it was 14" min), to his 0, he started back boating me really bad. We never went more than 2 minutes from the launch ramp, which gave me absolutely no chance to catch a smallmouth Needless to say I was extremly disappointed and frustrated. Well it took around 8lbs to go to the second day of the tourney, and I had 4lbs 2 ozs I guess I'm just gonna have to go by myself, or hire Art to take me out to catch a smallmouth, since nobody else seems to be able to take me to them . Well I did prefish for this coming weekend's tourney which is the same format as the last one. I caught 2 keepers thurs, and 1 fri with a nice toad lost on a log. Now at this tourney if I have 2 fish to weigh in odds are I'll be fishing sunday. It's on the Ohio river, not Lake Erie. Well I guess I just gotta go get a boat big enough to fish these tourneys in. It's amazing how many guys have boats(the one I fished on sat was a 2004 519 Ranger), and fish these tourneys, and haven't a clue as to where the fish are or how to catch them. Just goes to show you a nice boats meens nothing if you can't find fish, or know how to catch them. Well enough of my complaining, but I will say if it wasn't for BAD LUCK, I wouldn't have any luck when it comes to the drawing boaters

Lizards
Old 09-12-05, 04:54 AM   #6
zooker

like i said on the phone lizzy there are some out for the money only and there are some out for the glory then there is you...out there for the fish...

zooker
Old 09-12-05, 09:12 AM   #7
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
like i said on the phone lizzy there are some out for the money only and there are some out for the glory then there is you...out there for the fish...

zooker
Yeah! IMO, Fishing means totally different to different people. Especially when you turn your hobby to kinda PRO. For me, Pro Fishing is with so many ugly things under a huge money pushing. When I watch Fishing TV show, it's hard to find a guy talking about fishing with his conscience. Money will change anything! If you want to take part in "PRO activity". You have to face these ugly things.

I used to be a crazy and successful discus(pet fish) hobbyist. And I was really enjoyed my hobby. There is a huge market concerned with Discus hobby too, breeding, hatch, food and commercial competition. Couples years ago, I started to join these kind business as lots of my friends suggesting. After dealing with many ugly things, I had really made some money and even won some trophies. However, I didn't enjoy my hobby any more! I believed that I'd lost the soul of my hobby.

You just can not stand on both surface! I'm so glad that you were out there for fish!
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-05, 02:15 PM   #8
bassnman30
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Zook,
I'm out there to win each and every event. It has nothing to do with the money or any rewards that I may encounter. If others think that they are only fishing for second, then so be it. It may make me unpopular with others, but thats just the way it is. I'll take first every time, period.
Old 09-12-05, 05:55 PM   #9
zooker

belive i never mentioned you in any pretext what so ever -would not want folks to think we are friends now would we?- as i told grand dad -don- i am in that club to #1 fish lakes i have never been on and#2 fish with differant poeple and learn a gem trick here or there. to me the money has never been or will ever be the focal point of my fishing. i know my limitations there for i know just how good i truly am -thu i am having a crappy year for sure- as it seems i am not alone in that particual area...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.