Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-05, 11:58 PM   #1
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Lets discuss about some basic topic about bass fishing

Gonna go back school next week, so general speaking I've done this summer fishing. However, I will go fishing this autumn during weekend for sure.

Fishing crazy this summer! I amost went to every lake near me (lets say 100KM around). Fishing was kinda slow this summer, the reason I believe is the heat! Really really hot summer. When fishing was slow, I always started to think about a basic question: WHICH IS MORE DIFFICULT, FINDING AND LOCATING BASS or CHOICING A RIGHT APPROACH TO CATCH THE FISH?

I mean it is easy for us to find a kind structure on water. Seems anybody knows falling tree, lily pad, edge of weeds etc..., however, are you sure the bass is in there! After trying couples different approaches without result, can you trust yourself that there is no fish in there?
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-05, 07:36 PM   #2
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
WHICH IS MORE DIFFICULT, FINDING AND LOCATING BASS or CHOICING A RIGHT APPROACH TO CATCH THE FISH?
You know what they say about which three factors influence the value of a home: "Location, location, location."

And so it is with bass, in my opinion. You've probably also heard the expression, "You'll catch a lot more bass with the wrong lures in the right place than with the right lures in the wrong place."

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-05, 09:15 PM   #3
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O
I amost went to every lake near me (lets say 100KM around).
Dang that would by like hundreds of lakes here!!

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 08:08 AM   #4
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty
You know what they say about which three factors influence the value of a home: "Location, location, location."

And so it is with bass, in my opinion. You've probably also heard the expression, "You'll catch a lot more bass with the wrong lures in the right place than with the right lures in the wrong place."
Yes and no to this. I have no idea if there is a right or wrong answer to this question. If you spend 3 hours trying to catch a bedding bass in a tourney only to have her finally swim off without catching here, was this wrong or right? Well it was right if you caught her, but wrong if you didn't, you could have caught 5 other fish that were active at that time. Yes you have to find the fish, but staying at one place just because you know there are fish there doesn't help you if you can't catch them. Another example is those stinking suspended Bass. I can tell you without a doubt I have spent hours and hours trying to catch them with maybe 1 or 2 ever caught. I mean I can show you hundreds of suspending bass, but catching them is a completely different story. So as I said I just have to fish to what I BELIEVE to be the best strategies for the day. And those are based on past experiences, and what most people refer to as gut instinct(which is based on past experiences). There are times when I can almost see the fish under a log, positioned to pounce, and I place my buzzbait at the right angle to bring him out, and boom he smashes it. Or I can see a V in a log, and know the fish is there, and place my plastic right there, just knowing they are goona take it. I know I'm not a genius or telepathic with fish(I wish) but there are times when you know from experiences exactly what certain fish/cover/conditions will do, and you know how to fish those times. But to say just find fish, well that isn't always too tough, but getting them to bite is.

Lizards
Old 09-02-05, 01:48 PM   #5
shaft04092

Whats Better For Catching Bass,on Shore Or Out Deep?
shaft04092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 01:54 PM   #6
Chum
BassFishin.Com Member

I'd say shallow water, because there is weeds, docks, and lily pads. Also what do you mean by deep water?
Chum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 02:32 PM   #7
shaft04092

out on a lake in deep water.drop a line down low
shaft04092 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.